Main Menu

Job for Tharg - Junior Graphic Novel Editor

Started by Colin YNWA, 27 May, 2020, 01:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

https://careers.rebellion.com/?fbclid=IwAR0o-Mhqj8oSeAMaSlWI9zyqgbLIVJ4VvhIdVSJ06cClF17TUDpGxsN_H4Q#/job/1C4278801B

If anyone fancies it - and in these times many might - a job for Tharg.

Can anyone spot the wonderfully ironic mistake here...

...while acknowledging the wonderful irony of me pointing out such a mistake... or is that hypocrasy...

Bolt-01

Ooh, I know a couple of folk who would be great at this.

I must admit I'm always tempted to stick an application in for things like this - the interview alone would be a very good learning experience, but I know there is no way I could make it work.

The Monarch

I don't have the experience for it which is a shame as this could be my dream job :(

Funt Solo

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 27 May, 2020, 01:53:22 PM
Can anyone spot the wonderfully ironic mistake here...

I assume you were referring to this golden nugget:

QuoteExcellent knowledge grammar and copy writing
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Yeah - I mean if even I spot it with my butchering of the English language it must be bad!

maryanddavid

IndigoPrime

Perhaps they will only employ people who spot that, or maybe they'll hurl them into Mek-Quake's maw for being a smartarse. Who knows? (As a copywriter, I'd argue that the two forms are a question of style, but copywriter is vastly more used than 'copy writer', which I wouldn't tend to use myself. That said, this is far from the worst ad I've seen of late. One was recruiting for someone in editorial and was essentially incoherent.)

Buttonman

The error is understandable - if you already have great copy writers in place why would you be looking for one?!

The compensation isn't mentioned - it would be a laugh to get the job and Tharg rocks up with your pay of a jug of Castrol GTX.

Anyway, come up with ideas, know about our back catalogue? I could do that, gizza job.

wedgeski

Anyone else review their life choices when threads like this pop up? :)