Main Menu

Please address connection timeouts in the Windows app

Started by wedgeski, 17 November, 2019, 05:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wedgeski

Hello to the software droids! Please look into continual timeouts when the Windows 2000AD app tries to connect to the store. It's a nice app but half the time I have to download directly from the website when I'd rather the app managed it for me.

Ta.

2000ADWebDroid

Quote from: wedgeski on 17 November, 2019, 05:02:41 PM
Hello to the software droids! Please look into continual timeouts when the Windows 2000AD app tries to connect to the store. It's a nice app but half the time I have to download directly from the website when I'd rather the app managed it for me.

Hi wedgeski - apologies for this, we are aware of some recent performance issues with both the apps and the web shop (which share some of the same backend code), though especially with connection issues for the former. We have taken some initial action to try to improve this situation (including giving the servers more resources), but are also currently working on a number of performance improvements to the underlying code, which hopefully will help.

wedgeski

Tiplodocus

When I try and connect my app I am getting some combination of the words; socket, extension and timeout.

So I've not managed to download my Christmas Prog and Meg via the app yet.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

broodblik

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 29 December, 2019, 12:50:04 PM
When I try and connect my app I am getting some combination of the words; socket, extension and timeout.

So I've not managed to download my Christmas Prog and Meg via the app yet.

I have noticed the same but you can download the prog via the web shop as well
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

DrJomster

Same here on the ios app, but the web shop downloads are working well for me too so all is well.
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Tiplodocus

So I tried to fix this by uninstalling and reinstalling the app and it's just made it worse.

It fails to connect the the server so the app just freezes on that opening page where it is "trying to download data from the 2000ad shop". Then I get the socketconnectiontimeout error and it's frozen. So I can't read my comics.

So can we have a look at fixing this please? I can't read the Prog at all now. Or the Meg.

I'm on an ACER CHROMEBOOK.

Tiplodocus

wedgeski

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 08 January, 2020, 09:34:04 PM
So I tried to fix this by uninstalling and reinstalling the app and it's just made it worse.

It fails to connect the the server so the app just freezes on that opening page where it is "trying to download data from the 2000ad shop". Then I get the socketconnectiontimeout error and it's frozen. So I can't read my comics.

So can we have a look at fixing this please? I can't read the Prog at all now. Or the Meg.

I'm on an ACER CHROMEBOOK.
Yup that is unfortunately where I am as well. The app is essentially not working at the moment -- it can authenticate me, but completely fails to update my library.

Tiplodocus

DrJomster

My iOS app is still not really working.

On the plus side, if I download from the website and open in Goodreader, I can set the icon size to Large  to make a rather nice virtual bookshelf. And it does look rather good! I'm actually preferring this view of my library!

*looks at collection lovingly*
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.