Main Menu

Upcoming Gigs

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 23 April, 2014, 11:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacqusie

I did the Stone Roses thing last weekend. They were pretty bloody awesome, better than I expected & something I never thought I'd get to see.

Back in Manc for Tomorrows gig, which is Don Henley (for the gfriend) and then it's the big one on Saturday, the one & only Buddy Guy... man of the blues!  :)

Si

Hawkmumbler

A few friends came over to visit me and go diving in Guernsey this weekend. Added to that there was an 80's themed tribute concert at Castle Cornet, St Peter Port. Amazingly the whole of the castle ground where open for use, so we headed up to the east wing tower gardens where the concert amplified throughout the place. Phenomenal, one of the best venues you could wish to have.

Dandontdare

I've been forced to listen to Rhianna and Beyonce recently, simply by virtue of living within a 10 mile radius of Old Trafford cricket ground. 

Going to Blue Dot festival at Jodrell Bank in a couple of weeks, featuring amongst others Beth Orton and Jean Michel Jarre, along with lots of science-geek stuff

Jacqusie

Beth Orton is always worth seeking out, especially as she gigs so infrequently these days. She has a new album out that's back to the electronica days and has many wonderful songs in her back catalogue to showcase. Enjoy!

Si

Dandontdare

yeah, she's someone I've  wanted to see for years. Just been looking at festival website and there's alaso a set by DJ Thundermuscle (AKA Steve "interesting" Davis  :o)

Colin YNWA

The fact that someone in the world is called DJ Thundermuscle makes me very happy.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Dandontdare on 10 July, 2016, 02:41:00 PM
Going to Blue Dot festival at Jodrell Bank in a couple of weeks, featuring amongst others Beth Orton and Jean Michel Jarre, along with lots of science-geek stuff
Read about this a couple of weeks ago as one of my favourite bands - 65daysofstatic - are playing it. Sounds like a really interesting weekend. Think I'd definitely go if I lived nearby.

Quote from: Dandontdare on 11 July, 2016, 07:52:53 PM
Just been looking at festival website and there's alaso a set by DJ Thundermuscle (AKA Steve "interesting" Davis  :o)
I find the fact that Steve Davis is mad into obscure Prog rock and techno massively endearing.

Oh, and Patti Smith was amazing last week.
We never really die.

Keef Monkey

Yeah a friend of mine works in the electronics dept in Guitar Guitar and they had Steve Davis in quite recently buying synths and gear for some sort of show he was playing at. I had no idea he was so into music, and apparently a very nice chap to boot.

Just got tickets for Arctangent Festival - http://www.arctangent.co.uk/

I've actually never done the full festival experience, I've been to 2 day things but always gone back to a bed at night, so this'll be the first time I've done the whole 'camp for 4 days' thing. Going with a good gang of mates and my wife is a seasoned Leeds Fest veteran so hopefully they can look after me!

Have always wanted to see GYBE and ASIWYFA so that's a big draw, and the fact I'm unfamiliar with most of the lineup is quite exciting.

Devons Daddy

GIGS!!!!

F1 night race Singapore,

we always have some WOW performances but this year is  :o :oOMG :o :o

Kylie
which brings a smile

Bastille
looking forward to them

QUEEN!!!!
:P :P :P :D :DDROKK ME  :o :D :D :D :D :P :P :P
28 degrees, after the F1 race, with ice cold beer on the open air Padang as the fireworks end

i was never lucky enough to take part in singing Bohemian Rhapsody under the direction of Freddy Mercury, but this is still a moment of true celebration for me to be able to do so, with a crowd of ohhhh 15,000 or so other like minded souls.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

I, Cosh

Going to see Ministry on Sunday. Don't really know any Ministry songs except Jesus Built My Hot Rod and New World Order. And all the Lard stuff. Reckon it'll be fun anyway.
We never really die.

esoteric ed

I couldn't decide where I could post this, so the music thread seemed the logical choice.

I was snapping away in my liveable home last week and found evidence that Ringo Starr may have been using a stolen Lawgiver.  Also looks like McCartney may be getting prepped for Titan.

Ed

Keef Monkey

Going to see John Carpenter next month in Edinburgh and while loads of bands do the VIP meet and greet ticket thing I've never opted for it until now, but I figured what the hell. It's John bloody Carpenter. Not sure what to expect, think it just means you get some signed merch and get to awkwardly say hello to him and then pose for an awkward photo with him and then spend the rest of your life reflecting on how awkward it was (this is me we're talking about, for others awkwardness levels may vary or be non-existant).

The show itself will be tremendous I'm sure.

esoteric ed

QuoteNot sure what to expect, think it just means you get some signed merch and get to awkwardly say hello to him and then pose for an awkward photo with him and then spend the rest of your life reflecting on how awkward it was (this is me we're talking about, for others awkwardness levels may vary or be non-existant).

Lol :lol:, that sums up my own thoughts perfectly, I've got a VIP meet and greet for the Heaven 17 gig coming up in Liverpool with guests Glen Matlock and Mari Wilson and not sure "how to handle it".

Also got a ticket booked for the John Carpenter gig in Liverpool, seems a bit wierd him playing just up the road from where I live, Assault on Liverpool 13.  :)

Ed

Keef Monkey

Nice, I'm sure it'll be a memorable experience whatever happens. I've had some nice meetings like that and some more awkward ones and sometimes (when I'm feeling less pessimistic) I suspect even the ones I think were awkward are mostly just a case of me overthinking things after the fact, which to be fair I do with most regular day to day conversations anyway (the joys of social anxiety)! I'm sure the acts doing these meet and greet things are used to a bit of awkwardness and it just comes with the territory, and if Carpenter wasn't the grumpy guy I imagine him to be I might even be disappointed.

Really looking forward to the gig, so glad he's doing this and that we're getting a chance to hear this stuff live. Hope the Heaven 17 one is fun too!

esoteric ed

Cheers for that, I may have a few scoops before the H17 meet, it "may" help ;).  Met The Stranglers a few times and spoke mostly with bassist JJ Burnel, initially I wasn't sure if I'd get the treatment some people/journalists have previously encountered with them over the years, but I ended up supping half a bottle of his fave wine as he was talking about his favourite French Vineyards, while I droned on about my lifelong passion with all things JAWS, a surreal night for the memory banks.

Meeting Christopher Lee really was an encounter to remember, he did a short UK signing around 10 years ago to support a DVD release of a movie he was in, it was at the Adelphi hotel in Liverpool where I asked him if he knew when another of his films "Night of the Big Heat" was due out (as it was to include his recent audio commentary) and he barked back at me "WELL I DON'T KNOW"  :o :-[ :), I realised there and then that you don't mess with the Count and he's as menacing in the flesh as on screen, Hammer Films didn't really have to do much back then than just let him loose on set lol.

Hope you enjoy the Carpenter gig/meet too, should be a night to remember.

Ed