Main Menu

ABC Warriors: The Solo Missions

Started by Jo-L, 12 December, 2013, 02:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo-L

This book is in Previews for this month.  Does anyone know where i could find a listing of what it contains?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-B-C-Warriors-Solo-Missions-ABC/dp/178108226X

Thanks!

glassstanley

Joe Pineapples & Blackblood one-offs from the Specials, Deadlock: Return to Termight and the Alan Moore/Steve Dillon story from the Annuals.

judgerussell

So the cover is the only good thing about it. Lol

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: judgerussell on 12 December, 2013, 11:58:40 AM

You're kidding, right?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: judgerussell on 12 December, 2013, 11:58:40 AM

Are you serious? No less a person than Alan Moore in the only instance of anyone other than Pat writing the ABCs, giving us one of Hammerstein's best-ever turns in the spotlight and a fascinating hint at the direction the strip could have gone in someone else's hands; the Nemesis the Warlock epilogue, softening the abrupt end to that saga and providing an invaluable look at how Termight society adjusts to life after Torquemada with superb Henry Flint gonzo artwork; plus cracking full-colour Dillon and Walker lusciousness?

Honestly, the only one of the four stories I don't rate too highly is the Joe Pineapples one, but even that's not bad per se, just nothing special.
@jamesfeistdraws

James Stacey

Link Prime

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 12 December, 2013, 12:08:42 PM
Alan Moore in the only instance of anyone other than Pat writing the ABCs, giving us one of Hammerstein's best-ever turns in the spotlight and a fascinating hint at the direction the strip could have gone in someone else's hands

Red Planet Blues is genuinely my second favorite ABC Warriors story of all time (2nd only to The Black Hole).
In fact, its one of my favorite 2000AD stories period.
Worth mentioning John Higgins contribution to the art too. I can still vividly see the depiction of that strange peaked Martian structure when I close my eyes.

Jo-L

Alan Moore huh?, I hear that kid is pretty good.  Sounds like a buy to me.

Thanks for the info!

-Joel

Darren Stephens

Haven't read most of that, so am definitely getting this. That cover is fantastic, too.
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

von Boom

Ancient Otter

With the announcment of an ABC Warriors case files series I'm a bit unsettled about splashing out for this now or hanging on for a few years and see if it gets collected in that.

Jo-L

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 12 December, 2013, 09:11:55 PM
With the announcment of an ABC Warriors case files series I'm a bit unsettled about splashing out for this now or hanging on for a few years and see if it gets collected in that.

Where did you see that announcement?  Link? 

I would buy the shit out of an ABC Warriors Case Files.

James Stacey

Quote from: Jo-L on 13 December, 2013, 04:33:45 PM

http://ow.ly/rzVQz

Jo-L

Quote from: James Stacey on 13 December, 2013, 04:35:42 PM
Quote from: Jo-L on 13 December, 2013, 04:33:45 PM

http://ow.ly/rzVQz

Well then.  That's at least eight books that I wasn't planning on purchasing, but will be purchasing in 2014.   :o

Excellent catalog, though I wish they would list which episodes (progs) were included in each book.  I'm sweating in anticipation of how much I want those ABC Warriors hardbacks on my shelf.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Red Planet Blues was one of the mist melancholy stories I read as a child.  I wasn't old enough to understand how it was different but I knew it was.
Lock up your spoons!