Main Menu

ABC Warriors: The Solo Missions

Started by Jo-L, 12 December, 2013, 02:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuickQuag

Anyone have any info on why the Hammerstein MC-1 story didn't make it in?
The views above are entirely my own. And there's the problem.

Link Prime

Quote from: QuickQuag on 19 December, 2013, 08:46:50 AM
Anyone have any info on why the Hammerstein MC-1 story didn't make it in?

Would have been nice thematically, but that was a Judge Dredd story (I assume it will be included in the Case Files).

QuickQuag

Of course. I'm still scratching my head trying to think of what JD does in it!  :o

Steve Green

Hmm - bit of a strange one - I don't think there's any specific film licensing issues, and Top Dog appears in both the Case Files and the Agency Files.

rogue69

I understand that the MC-1 Hammerstein story is a different Hammerstein droid and is not part of the ABC Warriors storyline.
Also Pat Mills is not a fan of this story

Molch-R

It won't appear in the Case Files, I believe, as it was not part of the main Dredd strip in 2000 AD (it was an extra strip).

Jo-L

Quote from: Molch-R on 21 December, 2013, 01:13:19 PM
It won't appear in the Case Files, I believe, as it was not part of the main Dredd strip in 2000 AD (it was an extra strip).

So is this one a candidate for the restricted files, or is it a story that there is no particular urgency to reprint?  I don't recall it's quality. 

Does anyone know how well it fits in with the overall timeline?  Especially with the Hammersteins showing up in Savage, and their actual timeline being fleshed out.

Molch-R

Quote from: Jo-L on 21 December, 2013, 01:37:56 PM
So is this one a candidate for the restricted files, or is it a story that there is no particular urgency to reprint?  I don't recall it's quality. 

I doubt very much whether we'll bother - it's ... an odd one.

TordelBack

Quote from: Molch-R on 21 December, 2013, 02:01:22 PM
Quote from: Jo-L on 21 December, 2013, 01:37:56 PM

And with this simple statement, Molcher unwittingly created the holy grail of the reprint-everything community.

Molch-R

Quote from: TordelBack on 21 December, 2013, 02:08:12 PM
And with this simple statement, Molcher unwittingly created the holy grail of the reprint-everything community.

*breaks out the cattle prods*

HdE

Aw, dang!

In all seriousness - and without wishing to spark an uproar - I'd actually really been looking forward to reading that Dredd / Hammerstein story at some point. Oh well...

Still, I'm glad of this thread's reminder that I need to pick up the restricted files.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Steve Green

Shame, it has some good Brashill art - I haven't read it in a long while, and I don't remember it being terrible - or even that odd, compared to some strips which have been reprinted.

QuickQuag

Quote from: Molch-R on 21 December, 2013, 02:01:22 PM

Speaking as an owner of the original progs with the strip having swapped speech balloons (with Durham Red, was it?) on one page, you're not wrong!  :lol:

Link Prime

Quote from: QuickQuag on 23 December, 2013, 08:11:24 AM
Speaking as an owner of the original progs with the strip having swapped speech balloons (with Durham Red, was it?) on one page, you're not wrong!  :lol:

Yeah, I remember that.
Another reason to reprint, if not for Brashills lush art alone.

vark

Oddly around 50% of ABC Warriors/Ro-busters related material has been printed in France, and "hamerstein" is a part of it! It has indeed his own volume!  ::)