Main Menu

ABC Warriors: The Solo Missions

Started by Jo-L, 12 December, 2013, 02:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Did they translate the Durham Red lettering?

vark

Quote from: Steve Green on 23 December, 2013, 03:26:36 PM
Did they translate the Durham Red lettering?
I will look into it, but I don't have the original prog, what's the page (from the beginning of the story) and panels?

Steve Green

Heh, I was joking - I'm sure they would have.

I can't remember what the panels were (might have been the very first page)

vark

Quote from: Steve Green on 23 December, 2013, 04:25:15 PM
Heh, I was joking - I'm sure they would have.

I can't remember what the panels were (might have been the very first page)
I know, and indeed it's why it's worth searching for!  ;)

vark

Nope, the balloon are genuinely alright (appart some grammar mistakes).
In this volume are reprinted:
- Dishonourable Discharge (3 pages, Kev walker),
- Hammerstein
- Nemesis'Hammer of the Warlocks (Clint langley)
and what's really odd is that these stories are artificially linked together as there were ... linked in the first place. So the Hammerstein story is presented as the origin of our ABC Warrior's Hammerstein but I am not sure it is the case in the original prog (as it contredicts some continuity facts).

Also note that the Nemesis strip is the only Nemesis related material ever translated and published in France.

Darren Stephens

Picked up the solo missions trade today. Lovely looking book. Both my girlfriend and my daughter both remarked how cool the cover is.  The Hammerstein story from the Annual gave me flashbacks. I was 14 when that was printed! Flint artwork on this is also incredible. I wish the biog of Tom Carny was a bit more in depth. Wonder what he's up to now?
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Hawkmumbler

I'm up for this collection. Though like the sentient Otter I do wonder if they will ever be collected in the complete Mek Files. But if they where, then surely Nemesis and Deadlock should be also and thats alread in the Nemesis trades.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Darren Stephens on 22 February, 2014, 01:14:29 PM
I wish the biog of Tom Carny was a bit more in depth. Wonder what he's up to now?

Some hivemind detective work some years ago worked out that he had regenerated, Doctor Who-like, into Young Middenface artist Shaun Thomas - http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,11342.105.html
@jamesfeistdraws

Darren Stephens

Oh yes! I even contributed to that thread. My memory isn't bwhat it was, you know.... :D
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Skullmo

Quote from: Molch-R on 21 December, 2013, 02:01:22 PM
Quote from: Jo-L on 21 December, 2013, 01:37:56 PM
So is this one a candidate for the restricted files, or is it a story that there is no particular urgency to reprint?  I don't recall it's quality. 

I doubt very much whether we'll bother - it's ... an odd one.

It was odd, but it was enjoyable. It would be nice to see it reprinted at some point.

Will the return of the Angel Gang stories be reprinted? Those are odd too.
It's a joke. I was joking.