Main Menu

Charley’s War

Started by Southstreeter, 25 April, 2018, 06:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southstreeter

Not strictly a review of content, as I've not had time to start it, but anyway, volume one of the Definitive Charley's War is truly a thing of beauty. A massive high quality paperback, with colour spreads reproduced, and a short commentary at the end by Pat on each story (ie each 1 or 2 episodes). Pleased that I plumped for the bargain 3 for £50 option.
If you're a fan of the strip and are havering over this, just go for it.

broodblik

Must agree one of the best strips ever. Certainly Mills best work with wonderful art by Joe Colquhoun. If he are a van of war stories this is something you have to add to your collection. The commentary at the end is very  interesting and tells you a little bit more of how certain parts of the story was made.

Rebellion when you done with Charley's War please give Johnny Red the same treatment.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Bazooka Joe

I've really enjoyed looking at this latest edition. It's very well produced. I did however come across this on page 183 in volume 2.

Which is missing this dialogue

whoopsie!

Colin YNWA

Ouch indeed BUT the positive way to look at it is all that extra art to see!

TordelBack

Weeper is being uncharacteristically discreet by whispering his theory to Charley,  and as we are quite a distance behind we can see that's he talking but not what he's saying.  Problem solved.

Poor old Weeper though,  he has a hell of a time of it. Still hoping to get Vol 3 for Criminal,  all of which will be completely new to me!  The first two have been the best comics I've read all year.