Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Scolaighe Ó'Bear on 11 December, 2015, 10:19:11 PMI know it's wrong, but I really, really want Donald Trump to run for president.
I don't. He might win. The only possible silver lining would be the GoP possibly tearing itself apart.

Professor Bear

Dandontdare

I keep saying I want him to be the candidate because he's clearly an unelectable moron but then I recall that I had similar feelings about Reagan and George W Bush

The Legendary Shark

1 Corinthians 15:52:  "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last Trump: for the Trump shall sound off, and the dead shall be Muslims and dissenters, and we shall be changed into piles of radioactive ash."
Who says there's nothing in it? ;)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Trump looks and sounds more like Robert L Booth every time I see his ghastly lips flapping.

ZenArcade

American democracy died.with smilin Harry back in the.early 50's before the MIC took over. You could potentially put two shaved monkeys up and have no discernable change. At this stage the elites are just laughing at us. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Tordelback on 11 December, 2015, 11:59:34 PM
Trump looks and sounds more like Robert L Booth every time I see his ghastly lips flapping.
Bad Don Trump. Seem's legit, when can we tie him to a car and fill him full of hole's?

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 21 December, 2015, 04:41:49 PM
Whats your stance in microfarming, Tips?

Probably as  ill informed as every other stance I take.

The ethics of animal treatment are as important to me as the environmental arguments so I wouldn't have animals in my back yard or use their produce.

They a dress this in COWSPIRACY as well by doing some rough sums on back yard farming (after some rather graphic duck slaying) and didn't reckon it stacked up as a sustainable solution either. But I haven't double checked the figures or read any articles on it.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

CrazyFoxMachine

Somalia banning Christmas for being too Christian?! Nonsense, it's rooted in paganism and frankly it's more of a poster-day for capitalism than anythin-

Cameron's Christmas speech:

""It is because they face danger that we have peace. And that is what we mark today as we celebrate the birth of God's only son, Jesus Christ – the Prince of Peace"

Dandontdare

TordelBack

The Legendary Shark

We are a Christian country - and we'll bomb the living crap out of anyone who disagrees.
I think the phrase I'm searching for rhymes with "sucking lip of grit."
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

Cameron can suck a (pig) dick.

The Legendary Shark

A Carol from Flanders

by Frederick Niven (1878-1944)

In Flanders on the Christmas morn
The trenched foemen lay,
the German and the Briton born,
And it was Christmas Day.

The red sun rose on fields accurst,
The gray fog fled away;
But neither cared to fire the first,
For it was Christmas Day!

They called from each to each across
The hideous disarray,
For terrible has been their loss:
"Oh, this is Christmas Day!"

Their rifles all they set aside,
One impulse to obey;
'Twas just the men on either side,
Just men — and Christmas Day.

They dug the graves for all their dead
And over them did pray:
And Englishmen and Germans said:
"How strange a Christmas Day!"

Between the trenches then they met,
Shook hands, and e'en did play
At games on which their hearts were set
On happy Christmas Day.

Not all the emperors and kings,
Financiers and they
Who rule us could prevent these things —
For it was Christmas Day.

Oh ye who read this truthful rime
From Flanders, kneel and say:
God speed the time when every day
Shall be as Christmas Day.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Love it, Sharky.  I've been listening all week to a multipart Hardcore History podcast about WW1.  I've always found that Christmas truce to be one of the most inspiring and beautiful stories I've ever heard - the moment when the lions began to realise it was the donkeys leading them who were the real enemies.

Every day is indeed like Christmas for us modern Europeans; compared to our great grandfathers we're rich and comfortable beyond imagining. (And right on cue, a robin has just landed on a post outside my window.)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"