Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2021

Started by Dash Decent, 14 August, 2020, 12:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

On a personal note I'm very much looking forward to the specials we are getting. A nice level of variety.

Rogue Judge

Quote from: broodblik on 10 February, 2021, 01:20:10 PM
Quote from: robprosser on 19 January, 2021, 04:42:37 PM
I'm disappointed that the Fiend of the Eastern Front collection seems to have dropped off the schedule.

It still shows on Amazon's site that it will be released in October:

https://amzn.to/2SZumUR

This is great news! I've been anticipating this release for a while, hopefully it releases. Last year I read the fantastic Bishop Fiends novels, looking forward reading this one.

Professor Bear

I thought Black Beth was one of the better strips in the last special she appeared in, though that was an anthology and tbh I don't have much interest in a standalone special.  I do hope they roll out Monster Fun to supermarkets like they've been doing recently with the progs (which I have been seeing on shelves in various places for the first time in years), as I'd like to see that do well.

davidbishop

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 10 February, 2021, 03:12:21 PM
Quote from: broodblik on 10 February, 2021, 01:20:10 PM
Quote from: robprosser on 19 January, 2021, 04:42:37 PM
I'm disappointed that the Fiend of the Eastern Front collection seems to have dropped off the schedule.

It still shows on Amazon's site that it will be released in October:

https://amzn.to/2SZumUR

This is great news! I've been anticipating this release for a while, hopefully it releases. Last year I read the fantastic Bishop Fiends novels, looking forward reading this one.

Thanks for the kind words about my Fiends novels, they are among my favourites.

The Amazon listing is incorrect; Rebellion's own Fiends collection has definitely be pushed back to 2022 in no small part to the fact it's featured in the currently onsale volume of the Ultimate Collection.

Which reminds me, I should order that volume of the Ultimate Collection!

Bolt-01

But David - surely TMO will see you get a comp?

davidbishop

Hopefully. But if he doesn't, all the copies will be gone elsewhere...

broodblik

The cover for the Evil Genius 2 special (release date of 7th of April):

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Chris Weston cover for the upcoming release of The Spider:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

broodblik

Max Headroom

Can anyone confirm if the upcoming release 'Thistlebone' will definitely be a hardcover as Forbidden Planet has it listed on their website as a trade paperback?
Thanks in advance!

IndigoPrime

It's a hardcover. I have that confirmed from a power-that-be.

broodblik

Bolt-01

Well, that explains why we've not seen any more Dept K in the Regened progs.

That Meg cover - Paul Williams?

broodblik

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 19 March, 2021, 09:26:32 AM
Well, that explains why we've not seen any more Dept K in the Regened progs.

Interesting to see that Dan Cornwell will be on art duties and not PJ. But PJ will return for more Chimpksy