Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2021

Started by Dash Decent, 14 August, 2020, 12:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Quote from: broodblik on 19 March, 2021, 09:07:10 AM
Coming to the prog and meg in June:

https://2000ad.com/news/whats-coming-from-rebellions-comics-imprints-this-june/
Hmm. Never a fan of triple-Dreddworld in the Prog. Of course, the last time I made a big song and dance about this was Trifecta but hey-ho.
We never really die.

IndigoPrime

Mm. PJ's art worked perfectly on that strip. A real pity he won't be on it again. (Nothing against Cornwell here, note; it's just when something works, it's a shame the comic can't—for whatever reason—stick with that.)

broodblik

Quote from: I, Cosh on 19 March, 2021, 09:40:42 AM
Quote from: broodblik on 19 March, 2021, 09:07:10 AM
Coming to the prog and meg in June:

https://2000ad.com/news/whats-coming-from-rebellions-comics-imprints-this-june/
Hmm. Never a fan of triple-Dreddworld in the Prog. Of course, the last time I made a big song and dance about this was Trifecta but hey-ho.

I feel that is why we have the Meg
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

pauljholden

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 19 March, 2021, 09:43:05 AM
Mm. PJ's art worked perfectly on that strip. A real pity he won't be on it again. (Nothing against Cornwell here, note; it's just when something works, it's a shame the comic can't—for whatever reason—stick with that.)

Dept K was popular enough to merit a second series, sadly I had a bunch of other commitments (including Chimpsky!). Looking forward to reading it with Dan on art!

-PJ

Bolt-01

I'm glad to see you are busy as well PJ, but I reckon Dan is a good shout on this.

Tjm86

Speaking as someone who has mistaken Cornwell's art for Holden's in the past ...

:-[

... that said, I'm with Bolt actually, a good choice from our current art team.

2021 is shaping up into a good year, Rebellion wise, ...  [Take that Grand Moff Tarkin!]

broodblik

Do not forget that we are going to get a Wagner Dredd as well. More The Out, Chimpksy and Department K just great !!!!
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 19 March, 2021, 09:26:32 AM
That Meg cover - Paul Williams?

Yes, that is another cover by him

Colin YNWA

Yeah Dan C feels like a great choice if PJ is too busy. We are spoilt!

sintec

Mechastopheles in the Meg floopy makes me happy.  Have heard good things about that series and it was before my time.

Link Prime

Quote from: broodblik on 19 March, 2021, 11:59:41 AM
Do not forget that we are going to get a Wagner Dredd as well. More The Out

12 pages of Wagner Dredd & The Out = the highest quality content of any modern comic in the year 2021.

broodblik

The cover for The Treasury of British Comics Presents: The Tom Paterson Collection:

Art

Is this the first time anything from Oink is getting collected?

broodblik

Yes, I believe this will the first time for Oink material

broodblik

The webshop's exclusive cover for The Rise and Fall of the Trigan Empire Volume III by Chris Weston: