Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

No Country for Old Men -  again.
From start to finish its just perfection.

Link Prime

Quote from: Judge Jack on 30 March, 2013, 12:56:08 PM
No Country for Old Men -  again.
From start to finish its just perfection.

Great, great film JJ. Deserves a rewatch soon.

I watched 'American Mary' last night, hoping to be as blown away as nearly every critc / horror fan who'd reviewed it.
Meh.

willthemightyW

No Country for Old Men is brilliant. Considering my recent Coen binge I should re-watch this soon. I was thinking about it the other day, there are quite a few similarities between Tommy Lee Jones' character and Frances McDormands character in Fargo, although, she is a constant optimist in a very motherly way, who is tested and tries to cling on to her faith in people, where as he seems to have lost all faith.
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

Frank

Stop it! I've got to watch Priest this weekend, so I can talk about it with the kid at my work who gave me a loan of it; now I just want to watch No Country again instead. I started Drag Me To Hell the other night, which was like a brilliant combination of the gory slapstick and gross-out humour of The Evil Dead with the comedy of social awkwardness exemplified by Curb Your Enthusiasm. Looking forward to watching the rest of that, but I've a feeling I'll struggle with Paul Bettany punching vampires.

Buttonman

A chuckle free visit to The 'Burbs along with TV movie excitement of Web of Lies - if anyone has seen this effort I'd be amazed!

Link Prime

Quote from: Buttonman on 30 March, 2013, 11:08:59 PM
A chuckle free visit to The 'Burbs

Ray...this is Walter Buttonmans scathing review of a cherished childhood movie memory.

AAAAAAGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

smilersaltash

After being highly recommended by a know-it-all,spotty youth in my local comic shop, I ordered a copy of Hardware from ebay, and have watched this evening. It could be due to my semi-intoxicated condition, that I now want to do serious injury to said young person. Utter pants.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: smilersaltash on 30 March, 2013, 11:39:56 PM
After being highly recommended by a know-it-all,spotty youth in my local comic shop, I ordered a copy of Hardware from ebay, and have watched this evening. It could be due to my semi-intoxicated condition, that I now want to do serious injury to said young person. Utter pants.
Herasy! >:( I like Hardware! But each to there own.

smilersaltash

I know where you can buy one real cheap :lol:

Mardroid

Quote from: sauchie on 30 March, 2013, 03:18:02 PM
I started Drag Me To Hell the other night, which was like a brilliant combination of the gory slapstick and gross-out humour of The Evil Dead with the comedy of social awkwardness exemplified by Curb Your Enthusiasm.

II love Drag Me to He'll. Raising back wearing his wacky Evil Dead 2 shoes, I think. Let us know what you think of the rest Sauchie.

Spikes

Quote from: Buttonman on 30 March, 2013, 11:08:59 PM
A chuckle free visit to The 'Burbs

Always had a soft spot for The 'Burbs.
Bought the DVD (rescued from the bargin bucket...) last year. May well give it another spin this weekend.

Mabs

Same here, i've also got a soft spot for The Burbs! Used to love it as a kid, maybe not as thrilling as The Goonies but still a fun watch.

I watched My Neigbour Totoro yesterday with my boy, and the Kiki's Delivery Service (thanks to Film4's Studio Ghibli season). The Borrowers is on this evening and Howl tomorrow. I've watched the majority of Ghibli's output and have most on DVD, but Totoro and Kiki were a handful of Miyazaki's films which i hadn't watched, so it was a pleasant surprise and a joy to watch. My son loves all the Studio Ghibli films and has asked me if i could buy those two on DVD for him, which i'll most likely do later in the week. It's great that on top of all the Ice Age, Toy Story and Shrek films he also has a love for more diverse cartoons such as the above.
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

shaolin_monkey

The 'Burbs is bloody brilliant!  It's a real character piece, eh?  Not that much actually happens in it - they just mess around being paranoid about their new neighbours.  I have watched that film so many times, and consider it one of Tom Hank's finest moments.

Totoro - who doesn't bloody love Totoro?  How many times have I watched that film?  Not as much as Star Wars, but definitely more than Dredd.  It still makes me howl with laughter even now.  It is just such a chilled, sweet film.

Spikes

The Secret in their eyes.
(The link takes you to the film's wikipedia page, so avoid if you havent seen this film).

Pretty darn good, and captures the mid-70's look, and the political turmoil of Argentina perfectly.

And check out the sequence set in the football stadium. Incredible!

The reveal of what became of the killer was slightly weak in its execution, but compelling stuff none-the-less

Mardroid

Quote from: Mardroid on 31 March, 2013, 01:03:15 PM
I love Drag Me to He'll. Raising back wearing his wacky Evil Dead 2 shoes, I think. Let us know what you think of the rest Sauchie.

Raising=Raimi
Android Swift-type spell-checker in action there. Still, it's a good utility overall.