Main Menu

Judge Death, when's he coming around?

Started by PsychoGoatee, 12 September, 2012, 01:47:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PsychoGoatee

A couple years ago there was talk about it here, and a few years ago I made a topic about it here. And I gather the popular opinion is to keep Death dead. And that Wagner didn't currently feel the urge to use the character.

But, I for one love a little Judge Death every now and then, and it's been eight years now. Plus, with his buddies The Dark Judges recently making an appearance, I take that as some foreshadowing that we'll see the other JD back in a story sometime in the next couple years.

What do you think folks?

The Adventurer

I have a bit of a theory. I'm going to spoil it, just in case...

[spoiler]At some point, PJ Maybe is either going to be come the new Judge Death, or at least the new host of Judge Death.[/spoiler]

I'm not sure I WANT Judge Death back. I thought he got a pretty good send off in The Wilderness Days, a fitting end. And I think the Dark Judges are made a little more interesting without their leader stealing the spotlight.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

PsychoGoatee

Interesting, Dredd's two biggest recurring nemesises (nemesi?) into one, that'd be something. Or it'd be fun to see PJ try to manipulate Death to get him to do what he wants inadvertently or something.

I dig Wilderness Days, but to me that doesn't feel any more final than the end of Judge Death Lives or anything. Granted, infinitely bringing back a guy even like him wouldn't suit the comic, granted, but he's been used so sparingly he's still got it I'd say. A couple years from now, when it's been 10 years, I think it'd be great to take Death for another spin. There's plenty of ways and places to take him.

Dandontdare

John Wagner told me in the pub the other week (CLANG!  :D) that he was working on a Death story, but it's unlikley to be seen for a couple of years. He hinted it was a biggie, a game-changer like DoC, but no details.

radiator

Wagner's definitely bringing him back in a story provisionally called Dark Judgement - and it's being drawn by Greg Staples. It might be the story mentioned above. He said it'll be a while though, as Staples is a busy guy.

Link Prime

Quote from: The Adventurer on 12 September, 2012, 02:12:21 AM
I have a bit of a theory. I'm going to spoil it, just in case...

[spoiler]At some point, PJ Maybe is either going to be come the new Judge Death, or at least the new host of Judge Death.[/spoiler]

Great theory Adventurer...certainly feasible the way things were left with the Dark Judges.

WhitBloke

Quote from: Dandontdare on 12 September, 2012, 08:36:46 AM
He hinted it was a biggie, a game-changer like DoC, but no details.

:o

Exciting news!  Thanks!
So this is der place then, Johnny?

I, Cosh

Quote from: radiator on 12 September, 2012, 09:07:34 AM
Wagner's definitely bringing him back in a story provisionally called Dark Judgement - and it's being drawn by Greg Staples. It might be the story mentioned above. He said it'll be a while though, as Staples is a busy guy.
Yep. When I was talking to Wagner in Glasgow the other month (...) he said it would be a couple of years before the Staples Sark Judges story saw the light of day.
We never really die.

PsychoGoatee

Excellent news, guys! I'm very pleased to hear that, finally Death will come back to rock us.

Richard

I quite liked having 3 Dark Judges instead of 4.
Would be happy to leave Death where he is.

PsychoGoatee

Those guys are great, but I gotta have some Judge Death at least once a decade.

HdE

Judge Death's something of a rarity ion my book - a supernatural character that I REALLY enjoy reading.

I think the worries over his being over-used are quite valid, but of he's let out of the box infrequently, and if that still has a certain weight of impacty, that's all just dandy.

Let's face it - he's TOO good a villain to go unused for too long.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

strontium71

I still reckon [spoiler]Anderson will die at the hands of Death , somehow. Be it a self-sacrifice or actually killed.[/spoiler] She hasn't a stand out story for quite a while and this would finish the both of them off.
...because I hate you.

Richard

I doubt that Alan Grant will want to kill off his biggest character in British comics.

The Adventurer

Quote from: Richard on 12 September, 2012, 10:29:16 PM
I doubt that Alan Grant will want to kill off his biggest character in British comics.
Yeah, he probably doesn't want John Wagner to undo it latter.

;)

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK