Best Art - John Ridgway - Luke Kirby  The Night Walker

Best Writing - John Wagner - Button Man

Best Overall Thrill - Button Man  Book I: The Killing Game

Meggies

Best Art - Carlos Ezquerra - Al's Baby, Armageddon
Best Writing - John Wagner - Mechanismo
Best Overall Thrill - Judge Dredd  Mechanismo

Leigh S

Did my Spinnies on FB, but forgot my Meggies...

I've long held that it was only the Megazine that kept me reading House Tharg through the early 90s, but this is a shaky year and no mistake. 

I suppose I hadnt yet soured on Alan Grant's solo stuff, and there is a fair amount to like about his Anderson, though not quite so much about his Middenface.  The quality swings pretty wildly between the highs of Mechanismo and the lows we will glosee over - well, glos over all but one - Death Squads is one of the earliest examples of a story I could not fathom had made it into print, featuring the sort of sanctioned extra-judicial murdering that would ahve Dredd questioning whether the Referendum result was the right one.

It just doesnt sit right with any vision of the Judges I have (they are bad enough being blatantly terrible!) and it's maybe the first time in an oft repeated trope that will culminate in many an interminable "Invisible Judge Ninjas" saga in later years....

But we arent here for later years

All the prizes go to Wagner for writing, to MacNeil for drawing and to Mechanismo for being so gosh darned the sort of direction we needed the strip to take.

Best year is 1991

MVP is obviously Wagner, who is keeping me hanging on.

SpaceSpinner2000

Final call for 1992 Spinny awards! You've still got a couple hours to make your voice heard! Meggies you've still got a few more days.
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

sheridan

Spinnies Thrill Revere - Written in Water

Spinnies art droid Simon Harrison

Meggies Thrill Judge Dredd - Raptaur (though I was also tempted by Mechanismo - but I'm going to guess plenty of other people will vote for that, either here or elsewhere).

AlexF

Sorry, prob too late for the Spinnies! But for forms sake, my votes go to...
Arthur Ransom, John Wagner and Button Man. No contest!
Best month: March. Look, I like the Clown, alright. And I've a lot of time for SkIIzz and Finn.
Best Year: gonna say 1991, because right now I am remembering Killing Time, Revere and Dead Meat and have forgotten all the bad bits.
MVP for 1992: Rian Hughes, for those little swirls of hear above the tea cups, and for making one-off stories fun to read again.

SpaceSpinner2000

Sorry it's been so long everyone!

In our thrilling two hundred and sixty-ninth (nice!) episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 816-819 of 2000AD, covering January 1993. This episode it's a new year, new us! We're punching our way through these progs like an angry monkey from another dimension with boxing gloves!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify
Or on your favorite podcast app!

Please let me know what you think of the episode!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

Colin YNWA

Wayhey - always lovely to have you folks back - hope you are settling into the UK okay and the October weather isn't too much of a shock to the system!

sheridan

Also, speaking of acclimatising to life in the UK - I've been listening to some of your older episodes lately - have you tried Monster Munch yet (though I realise they might have been in that care package sent over to you when you were both in the US)?

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 01 November, 2021, 10:58:18 AM
Wayhey - always lovely to have you folks back - hope you are settling into the UK okay and the October weather isn't too much of a shock to the system!
It's warmed up a bit, so i'm managing to muddle through. Dreading actual winter though.

Quote from: sheridan on 01 November, 2021, 12:07:25 PM
Also, speaking of acclimatising to life in the UK - I've been listening to some of your older episodes lately - have you tried Monster Munch yet (though I realise they might have been in that care package sent over to you when you were both in the US)?
I remain terrified of many of the flavors, though I do have a bag of beef Space Raiders in my place at the moment!

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling two hundred and seventy-first episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 824-827 of 2000AD, covering February and March 1993. This episode we're clearing the deck for a big spring relaunch, so we've got episodic Dredd, the return of Nemesis, Bradley and Robo-hunter, climaxes for Strontium Dogs and Flesh, more Kelly cliffhangers, and some future shocks!+

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify

Colin YNWA

What's all this talk of Poland - has the dream of Space Spinner LIVE died already!!!

SpaceSpinner2000

While there was an episode done while Fox was on a business trip, we're now returning to how Space Spinner began, recording remotely while in the same time zone! Honestly we do way too much physical comedy when we're in the same room anyway, it's for the best.

Colin YNWA

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling two hundred and seventy-second episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 828-831 of 2000AD, covering March and April 1993. This episode we're starting a bunch of all new stories, with returns for Bad Company and Armoured Gideon and the debut of Firekind!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify

Dandontdare

Interesting side-note about the Mark Millar birthday Dredd not appearing in the Casefiles between volumes 18 & 19. I wasn't aware of that - anyone know if it was due to formatting to get the right length for each book, simple mistake or something more deliberate?