Main Menu

New British Comic - 'Mary Boys'

Started by Karl Stephan, 06 August, 2019, 10:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl Stephan

Quote from: Mardroid on 03 October, 2019, 09:03:15 PM
Thanks Karl. Just tried again, this time with an android device. Same thing happens, unfortunately. Starting to wonder of the post code they ask for on inputting card details is the banks rather than my own, but rather not chance it.😆

Curiously they give you a link and a code to quote, but the link just take you to a generic problem solving page, with no clear indication of where to put the code!

Never mind, I'll try again later. Nice to know it's not just me, anyway.

Thank you for your persistence in this. A few of the others that have had issues got through in the end, but I'm sure this has been an obstacle to many more that I don't know about.

Mardroid

I tried again to the same issue. I found out how to contact support directly, anyway so I've submitted a ticket. A bit of a drawn out process as they understandably try to take you through their FAQs first, which don't really cover it.

At least this way I could submit the generated error code.

Karl Stephan

Quote from: Mardroid on 04 October, 2019, 06:14:59 PM
I tried again to the same issue. I found out how to contact support directly, anyway so I've submitted a ticket. A bit of a drawn out process as they understandably try to take you through their FAQs first, which don't really cover it.

Bloody hell. Sorry for all the hassle. I'm keen to know what they tell you, so please could you keep me posted because it's a recurring problem.

Mardroid

Quote from: Karl Stephan on 04 October, 2019, 10:28:48 PM
Quote from: Mardroid on 04 October, 2019, 06:14:59 PM

Bloody hell. Sorry for all the hassle. I'm keen to know what they tell you, so please could you keep me posted because it's a recurring problem.

That's okay, it's not your fault.

They messaged me back,and it turned out to be silly simple thing. I was using autofil on my device to fill in the form. I just filled the form in manually, and everything went through fine this time.

So yeah, anyone else wanting to back this, just enter the info in manually. When you get those little boxes popping up offering you the chance to fill out the rest of the form...ignore. it will fill in the fields, and it will all look okay, but the system won't accept it.

Karl Stephan

Quote from: Mardroid on 08 October, 2019, 02:10:05 PM
That's okay, it's not your fault.

They messaged me back,and it turned out to be silly simple thing. I was using autofil on my device to fill in the form. I just filled the form in manually, and everything went through fine this time.

So yeah, anyone else wanting to back this, just enter the info in manually. When you get those little boxes popping up offering you the chance to fill out the rest of the form...ignore. it will fill in the fields, and it will all look okay, but the system won't accept it.

Aha! Thanks for your contribution! I'll pass this troubleshoot on to anyone having issues in future.

Oh and we're currently 179% funded so the comic is definitely happening!!!  :D  :D :D :D :D

Thank you to all fellow squaxx who pitched in!

Karl Stephan

I've extended the campaign to run the maximum 60 days, so there is now 14 days left. I've also added a stretch goal. If it hits $8000 (just under £8000) then all physical copy backers get the 'Making of Mary Boys' booklet which contains concepts and art not featured in the comics. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mary-boys/x/22253895

Karl Stephan

The Mary Boys campaign is in its final few hours. It's done really well (much better than expected!) and I thank everyone for their help in bringing it to print.

For anyone wanting to back, there is still time left:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mary-boys/x/22253895#/

Dandontdare

I think there was a more recent thread, but I couldn't find it.

My copies of Mary Boys issues 1 & 2 arrived, and they are a lot of fun. The additional 'making of' booklet is interesting too, how he came out of some shitty times by going back to basics and learning new drawing techniques from scratch. The artwork is delightfully brutal (or do I mean brutally delightful?).

My only criticism is that over two issues, we only get scene-setting and background. I can see his passion for these characters as they gestated, but as a reader, I'm wondering where the story is. I hope we'll get to find out.

Bolt-01

Ooh, really? I've got these in my reading pile (Currently about to start the books I was bought in December 2018 so it might take me a while) so reading this makes me think that by the time these get to the top there may well be a follow-up.

Karl Stephan

Quote from: Dandontdare on 17 May, 2020, 12:41:26 AM
I think there was a more recent thread, but I couldn't find it.

My copies of Mary Boys issues 1 & 2 arrived, and they are a lot of fun. The additional 'making of' booklet is interesting too, how he came out of some shitty times by going back to basics and learning new drawing techniques from scratch. The artwork is delightfully brutal (or do I mean brutally delightful?).

My only criticism is that over two issues, we only get scene-setting and background. I can see his passion for these characters as they gestated, but as a reader, I'm wondering where the story is. I hope we'll get to find out.

Hi Dan. Thanks for supporting this. This was just the origin story and their 'first' night out to set the ground work. Plenty more to come. The next book will be a collection of short stories, so if you enjoyed it so far just watch this space for updates. I'm aiming to do at least some of it painted in full colour next time round.

Karl Stephan

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 17 May, 2020, 11:56:45 AM
Ooh, really? I've got these in my reading pile (Currently about to start the books I was bought in December 2018 so it might take me a while) so reading this makes me think that by the time these get to the top there may well be a follow-up.

Awesome! If you do please post your feedback. I'm always keen for reader input, good or bad.

Mardroid

Mine arrived recently. (I somehow forgot there were two issues, so receiving an extra comic was a nice surprise.) I've read them already, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Quite original, and very amusing. I loved the artwork including the stuff in the 'making of' booklet that was described as 'bad'.

I'm looking forward to issue 3.

Karl Stephan

Karl Stephan

Gotta share this. I got a Hip review of Mary Boys and it's hilarious!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA9lfOcomIc&feature=youtu.be

Subscribe if you like it. This guy deserves more views.

Karl Stephan

Hi all,

I'm at it again with my punk Knights Templar comics and have just launched a pre-launch page for the new book entitled Mary Boys: Beefheads, a 60+ page collection of all new stories. Sign up to the mailing list to receive a free card with your order.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mary-boys-beefheads/coming_soon/x/22253895

https://ibb.co/47RpTLX

https://ibb.co/0XGrBR6