Forthcoming Thrills - 2021

Started by Dash Decent, 14 August, 2020, 12:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomwe

Quote from: broodblik on 03 November, 2020, 04:17:39 PM
Some exciting stuff coming next year:
https://2000ad.com/news/2000-ad-unveils-new-digital-releases-for-2021/
This is going to be digital only

Is this an indication that Armoured Gideon will make it into the UC! Strikes me they've prepped the Firekind files for that project so may as well put it out in digital here? So works vice versa.

IndigoPrime

It does strike me that almost all of those would be logical UC entries. I certainly wouldn't say no to Armoured Gideon in HC...

karlos

Thought the Durham Red 2018 run would've been out as a tpb by now - was it not that well received?

The Adventurer

This is so great. So many of these have been stuck on Extreme Editions with no digital option for too long.

Now.. I just need a way to get Lobster Random Book 1 digitally. Some how.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Andy B

Ugh - digital only is a major bummer. Wonder if this is a COVID thing, or just the way things are going to be?

If it helps, I'll happily pay double for physical Firekind and Slaughterbowl books!

broodblik

The upcoming Sexton Blake Special cover:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

The upcoming Misty Winter Special cover:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Lorenzo

What the f***!?
Does this really mean Dark Justice: Torture Garden wont be getting a hard back release? Unbelievable decision. I would make do with paperback if that was offered but I don't see the point in digital only.

broodblik

Quote from: Lorenzo on 04 November, 2020, 08:12:41 AM
Does this really mean Dark Justice: Torture Garden wont be getting a hard back release? Unbelievable decision. I would make do with paperback if that was offered but I don't see the point in digital only.

I think there was a big uptake in the digital format and some of the newer titles might not be so popular. The newer stuff is already in digital format so making it easier to publish

Lorenzo

Quote from: broodblik on 04 November, 2020, 08:27:56 AM
I think there was a big uptake in the digital format and some of the newer titles might not be so popular. The newer stuff is already in digital format so making it easier to publish

Yeah, I heard they had gained a lot of digital subs this year - which is great of course. I wasn't expecting them to give up on the collectors though. I can't put a download on the bookshelf.

abelardsnazz

Quote from: Andy B on 04 November, 2020, 01:33:36 AM
Ugh - digital only is a major bummer. Wonder if this is a COVID thing, or just the way things are going to be?

If it helps, I'll happily pay double for physical Firekind and Slaughterbowl books!

The current issue of the Ultimate Collection contains Firekind, paired with Leatherjack.

IndigoPrime

I wouldn't take digital collections to mean the material will never appear in print. But COVID has caused major problems to supply chain and scheduling, and digital is taking off to a greater degree. Rebellion therefore prepping a bunch of content — and presumably 'reusing' documents that will end up in the now very niche UC — seems like a smart move. Flipping some of those later on to TPB or HC wouldn't be that difficult when the hard repro work's already been done.

Link Prime

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 04 November, 2020, 09:05:45 AM
Quote from: Andy B on 04 November, 2020, 01:33:36 AM

The current issue of the Ultimate Collection contains Firekind, paired with Leatherjack.

Cherry picked from the FP website like the top of an Eddie Rockets malt sundae.

The Adventurer

I really don't think people should be taking Digital-only releases as a sign that these strips will never see print. Lots of material from Meg floppies eventually got full collection treatment in time. Its just a way to get stuff available now.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

I, Cosh

Quite interesting that 75% of the stuff on that list was previously in the Extreme Editions.

Obviously digital doesn't mean only digital and it doesn't mean at the expense of other physical volumes. To be honest, it's nice to see then actually promote their digital only collections for once. Word of the previous ones seemed to slip out despite the best efforts of Rebellion!
We never really die.