Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2021

Started by Dash Decent, 14 August, 2020, 12:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

The thing with Al Williamson - which I'll warn you now I find hard to express - is his inks seem so precise and tight. Yet when you look at them they are so loose and free... I warned you... somehow he captures that sweet spot only the very best artists can of being apparently detailed and meticulous without loosing any of the immediacy and energy.

TordelBack

Colin YNWA

And in an attempt to redemn myself and get this back on track just seen this on Faciebook.

https://downthetubes.net/?p=122468&fbclid=IwAR1kI5W7S23AX5sFhgkxaMOVvBwHBiV6LdUjSvqVlway14vii3she2etbQ0

A nice summary from Downthetubes of what we know so far.

Rogue Judge

That's a great list of thrills. I've wanted collected editions of the Stainless Steel Rat and Fiends of the Eastern Front for a long while now, very pleased to see new editions will be available!

I've also pre-ordered the Essential Dredds and Trigan Empire, and will continue happily with the Case Files, of course. No doubt I'll grab a few other off that list too...better keep saving for 2021.

I, Cosh

Still no Brink vol. 4 on the list?
We never really die.

broodblik

Quote from: I, Cosh on 09 December, 2020, 04:05:03 PM
Still no Brink vol. 4 on the list?

I think this will be released a week or so before the start of Book 5
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Tjm86

That's a cracking list for sure.  Hellman from the word go?  Trying to remember if the story from the 'pulped' issue was the same as the first post-ban.  If not, will both versions be included?  Minor quibble to be sure.

Nice to see the number of webshop hardback editions as well.  I'd love it if they could finish off the 2012 movie-world Dredd stories in hardback.  Still, plenty to enjoy next year.

Southstreeter

Any sign of the Nemesis Heresy collections? I pre-ordered mine ages ago, but I forget when it's coming out.

Southstreeter

Just seen the Thrillmail. It seems overseas printing has been held up by COVID but it may come this month. Fair enough.

broodblik

Quote from: Southstreeter on 10 December, 2020, 06:39:46 PM
Just seen the Thrillmail. It seems overseas printing has been held up by COVID but it may come this month. Fair enough.

It looks like it will be released by the 18th December

broodblik

Colin YNWA

The magic thing with this line up is -

Proteus Vex
Thistlebone
Feral and Foe
Chimpsky (assuming its the start of his solo story)

All thrills that are what around(ish) a year old (someone will now tell me Chimpsky first appeared in1871 in Prog -3462) but hopefully you see what I mean. As Slaine ends we can can all weep - but instead let's celebrate the fact that Tharg is still pumping our thrill glands with new delights.

broodblik

Bolt-01

About damn time! Those intestinal parasites won't shift themselves!