Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2021

Started by Dash Decent, 14 August, 2020, 12:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

Ordered the deluxe HB SSR, but thats a weird design choice to have the 2000AD logo rather than the SSR one on the cover, no?

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

... because it's retro cool, back in the day, peak carlos.

i'm sold!

Richard

Maybe it's not the final cover? I still like it.

DrJomster

Isn't it a reprint of the wrap around prog cover?

Love it!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

sintec

Quote from: Leigh S on 19 May, 2021, 10:52:37 PM
Ordered the deluxe HB SSR, but thats a weird design choice to have the 2000AD logo rather than the SSR one on the cover, no?

Isn't this a webshop exclusive?
Which means the cover doesn't need to attract readers from the shelf of a book/comic shop (remember those).

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sheridan

Interesting choice (even for a webshop exclusive).  For myself I'd pick a different cover if we were going down that route - Prog 400, where King Carlos reappropriated a layout stolen from Russ Heath.

I, Cosh

Quote from: sheridan on 20 May, 2021, 01:00:55 PM
Interesting choice (even for a webshop exclusive).  For myself I'd pick a different cover if we were going down that route - Prog 400, where King Carlos reappropriated a layout stolen from Russ Heath.
Whereas I'd go for the first ... for President poster cover but both were on my bedroom wall at one point.
We never really die.

Leigh S

It would be nice if they could include the Eagle Comics covers....

Tomwe

Announcement on twitter is that 100 extra copies have been added to the ...rat HC print run. I got my order in already, guess most of the rest of us did too!!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Arh damnit - see Steve Yeowell is no longer on Sinister Dexter - well at least this story - I was hoping the delay was to give both parties time to get a good lead on Bulletopia so we could get an uninterrupted run but maybe that's not the case? I've really enjoyed The Mighty Yeowell's run on S&D.

Still don't know the work of Tazio Bettin so just done a quick look up and while there's not a load of sequential - some Warhammer stuff is all I immediately found - what there is suggests he'll be a damned fine addition to Tharg's droids.

broodblik

Another thing that I picked-up is that if the Dredd story Now That's What I call Justice starts in in prog 2234 then this might give us a solid 10/12 episodes of Wagner bliss

Link Prime

Quote from: broodblik on 21 May, 2021, 03:05:21 PM
What is coming to your prog/meg in August:

https://2000ad.com/news/whats-coming-from-rebellions-comics-imprints-this-august/

My anticipation for that month of Wagner & Higgins Dredd is somewhat cooled by the seemingly never ending runs of Skip 5 pages Tracer and Dildo Wahhh, but I've persevered through worse.

Welcome return for Angelic too.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Link Prime on 21 May, 2021, 03:26:17 PM
My anticipation for that month of Wagner & Higgins Dredd is somewhat cooled by the seemingly never ending runs of Skip 5 pages Tracer and Dildo Wahhh, but I've persevered through worse.

You know what I thought the last Skip Tracer was pretty good, best since the second one, so I remain naively optimistic that vein of form might continue.