Main Menu

Six Degrees of Shako!

Started by Funt Solo, 19 March, 2021, 04:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Shako - Armoured Gideon - Sir Francis Bacon - err...Kevin Bacon

Funt Solo

I'm trying to think of some kind of mad crossover with Slaine. Was he in Helter Skelter?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Quote from: Link Prime on 19 March, 2021, 02:50:50 PM
Shako - Armoured Gideon - Sir Francis Bacon - err...Kevin Bacon

*applause*

(Actually - historical figures from The Order might provide a hook into Slaine's world via his Quantum Salmon Leap adventures in time.)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Funt Solo on 19 March, 2021, 02:54:20 PM
I'm trying to think of some kind of mad crossover with Slaine. Was he in Helter Skelter?

He was indeed - the only Ezquerra Sláine I've ever seen, I think. 
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 19 March, 2021, 12:30:41 PM
There was also the Sinister Dexter episode (prog 2013 ad???) Were the skip through numerous dimensions.

Sinister Dexter, Now & Again, Xmas Prog 2012 - has Dredd, Nikolai Dante, Johnny Alpha, Wulf & Gene the Hackman.

So, for Slaine: he is in Helter Skelter with Dredd, who is in Now & Again with Gene, who is in Shako's Kingdom with Shako. Three degrees of Shako.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Funt Solo on 20 March, 2021, 02:59:10 PM
Sinister Dexter, Now & Again, Xmas Prog 2012 - has Dredd, Nikolai Dante, Johnny Alpha, Wulf & Gene the Hackman.

The real key is the episode from prog 1642, which has about as many cameos on one splash page as the whole of Helter Skelter.
@jamesfeistdraws

Funt Solo

Thanks, DJ - I'd forgotten about that so went rummaging in the back prog dimension - that places the following characters in Sinister Dexter (Wish You Were Here):

Nemesis, Robo-Hunter, Devlin Waugh, Hoagy, Ace Garp, Alpha, Gronk, Bill Savage, Rogue, Dredd, Hammerstein, a V.C., Ro_jaws, Kano, Halo, Slaine, Skizz, Dante, that woman from that story about driving fast, Big Dave and four characters I don't recognize (two with their faces obscured).

So, you can do Slaine in Wish you Were Here with Bill Savage, who's in The Collector with Shako. Two degrees of Shako.

Seems to have boiled down to almost any character being two degrees of Shako. Except for ... The Grudge-Father, and other impossibilities.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Funt Solo on 20 March, 2021, 04:49:44 PM
Seems to have boiled down to almost any character being two degrees of Shako. Except for ... The Grudge-Father, and other impossibilities.

So Helter Skelter, The Collector and Wish You Were Here have basically broken the game?  :-X
@jamesfeistdraws

Funt Solo

The party on Luna-1 also helps:

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Corinthian

Quote from: Funt Solo on 20 March, 2021, 05:08:16 PM

I'm not sure that Tharg should count. He makes things too easy.

Is it just me or does Ardeni have a severe wardrobe malfunction going on there?

sheridan

Quote from: The Corinthian on 20 March, 2021, 05:54:12 PM
Quote from: Funt Solo on 20 March, 2021, 05:08:16 PM

I'm not sure that Tharg should count. He makes things too easy.

Is it just me or does Ardeni have a severe wardrobe malfunction going on there?

I don't know what you're wearing but that's pretty canon for Ardeni ;)

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

SpaceSpinner2000

Here's a good spot to once more suggest that the polar bear in Meltdown man is played by the same bear as Shako, like how the bear in the Disney Jungle Book and Robin Hood are also the same bear.
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

sheridan

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 22 March, 2021, 03:30:55 AM
Here's a good spot to once more suggest that the polar bear in Meltdown man is played by the same bear as Shako, like how the bear in the Disney Jungle Book and Robin Hood are also the same bear.

Pole Axe.  I can never remember the name of the bear from Lenny Zero though.

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 22 March, 2021, 08:30:03 AM
Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 22 March, 2021, 03:30:55 AM

Pole Axe.  I can never remember the name of the bear from Lenny Zero though.

Shuggy Bear, I find out from the British Comics Wiki.  I also found out there's a wanted posted for Shako in the background of one episode...