Main Menu

The Matt Smith years

Started by AlexF, 23 March, 2021, 10:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidbishop

Quote from: Dandontdare on 23 March, 2021, 12:37:16 PM
I said at the time that numbering system would end in tears!

True, but we gave Matt 16 years to figure out a solution!

broodblik

Quote from: davidbishop on 24 March, 2021, 08:29:36 AM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 23 March, 2021, 12:37:16 PM
I said at the time that numbering system would end in tears!

True, but we gave Matt 16 years to figure out a solution!

At least now the xmas prog follows the normal numbering convention
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Yeah these do feel like lovely big bumper Progs so I'm happy that the numbering is now continuous.

I like the way The Phoenix (I know I know I'm always harping on about that bloomin' comic!) does it. It has a double issue over X-Mas with a flip comic - one issue (say) 416 then you flip it over and you get 417. Tharg could do something similar.

Have one half wrapping up the end of year line-up - or special one off stories etc, the last Prog of the year. Flip it over and you get the next Prog which is essentially the first Prog of the new year with double lenght openers as appropriate.

Matty_e

I'm probably most in agreement with Colin

I jumped back on around 1630 with Zombo, Cradlegrave and Dante all great strips

And I really really enjoyed it up to the end of 1798/91 when Day of Chaos ended virtually simultaneously with Dante ending. In these three years I'd tracked down every Dante book so it was a great time to be reading backwards and forwards. I'd also catch-up with Dredd.

I still love the Prog but that was the great modern run for me