Main Menu

The Unofficial 2000AD Sketch Competition #3: VOTING THREAD!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 18 April, 2021, 09:03:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

With apologies for the unseemly delay getting here, it's finally time for the Unofficial Forum Sketch Comp #3 voting thread!

Voting will be open for one week — the thread will close to votes end-of-day Sunday 25th of April after which we'll announce the winner, and hopefully kick off competition #4 in early May.

Don't forget there are TWO GLITTERING PRIZES for the winner. In addition to choosing the theme for competition #4, the winner will receive a randomly selected graphic novel from my Terrifyingly Tall Tower of Comps, plus a signed Nick Percival Dredd print, courtesy of the generous Colin YNWA!

Please clearly rank your selections first, second, third and, in if you're choosing one of multiple entries by the same person, please make it clear which one you're voting for. You can also single out entries out for an honourable mention, which I'll use for tie-break purposes.

Everyone's done fantastic work again this month, and I have no idea how anyone is going to make selections out of this bumper crop of brilliant work, but here they all are...

Bolt-01

Colin YNWA #1

Colin YNWA #2

Colin YNWA #3

Colin YNWA #4

Dark Jimbo

Dog Deever

Funt Solo #1

Funt Solo #2

Jayzus B. Christ #1

Jayzus B. Christ #2

Jim Campbell

Pete Wells #1

Pete Wells #2

pictsy #1

pictsy #2

pictsy #3

pictsy #4

tomwe #1

tomwe #2

tomwe #3

tomwe #4

Woolly #1

Woolly #2

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

broodblik

Goodness gracious how do you choose ????? But let's give it a go:

1. Bolt-01
2. Colin YNWA #4
3. tomwe #2
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

BPP

Some great stuff.

1st - dark jimbo
2nd - tomwe 2
3rd - pictys 3
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

The Legendary Shark

1: Pictsy #3 2: Dog Deever 3: Dark Jimbo HM: JBC #1 Extremely hard to choose - such a high standard throughout - very well done, everyone!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

pictsy

I considered rolling dice to decide for me, but in the end I made the very difficult selection myself.

1. tomwe #3
2. Dark Jimbo
3. Woolly #2

HM: Bolt-01

Dog Deever

1. Jayzus #1 - Slaine & Ukko
2. Colin YNWA #4 - Spikes Calvin Rotten & Tweak
3. Dark Jimbo - Grobbendonk

HM: Bolt-01
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

milstar

1.Dog Dever (solely for inciting my dirty imagination)
2.Jayzus B Christ #2
3.Wooly #1

Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

JayzusB.Christ

Oh Grud, this is hard.

But...

1 - Pictsy 1
2 - Tomwe 1
3 - Colin 4

There's some stuff here I feel terrible about not voting for.   So hard to choose just three.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Trooper McFad

Wow Squaxx big 👍🏻 To all entries I think this needs some consideration over a wee whisky before I pick my favourite.
Superb effort.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Bolt-01

Rogue Judge

1. tomwe #2
2. Bolt-01
3. pictsy #1

HM: Colin YNWA #4

What a great contest, well done all! Really enjoyed these.

Trooper McFad

Sitting back with a double Highland Park I got for my Birthday. I've been up and down the pics - it's sooo difficult but eventually I have chosen:

1) Colin #4
2) Pictsy #2
3) Tomwe #2

HM - Dog Deever, Jayzus B Christ #2 & Pete Wells #2

I can't wait for the next one and see the creative juices flowing.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Tomwe

So many good entries this time around, and loving the variety of styles as well.

1) Jayzus B. Christ #1
2) Pictsy #2
3) Dog Deever (think this was the first time I saw this)

Pete Wells

Quite easy this:

1 - Pete Wells 1&2
2 - Pete Wells 1&2
3 - Pete Wells 1&2

HM - Pete Wells 1&2

If not -

1 - Dark Jimbo, so striking!!!
2 - Colin YNWA #4cWarms the cockles of my heart.
3 - Pictsy #3 Damn good composition!

Soooo many honourable mentions, and a few dishonorable ones - I'm looking at you Funt Solo! How dare you out-smut me!?!

I loved this, thanks chaps!

Funt Solo

Quote from: Pete Wells on 19 April, 2021, 06:34:35 PM
and a few dishonorable ones - I'm looking at you Funt Solo! How dare you out-smut me!?!

I love getting a partial dishonorable - I'll smatter it messily over myself with pride.

---

My votes:

1st: tomwe #2
2nd: Jayzus B. Christ #2
3rd: pictsy #3

HMs: DJ's Grobbendonk, Colin's Tweak 'n' Spikes & Woolly's GBH
++ A-Z ++  coma ++