Main Menu

2000AD Forum Sketch Comp #4: SPECIAL BOLT-01 EDITION

Started by Jim_Campbell, 08 May, 2021, 09:41:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperSurfer

Wonderful, indeed.

How to follow up that last post from Danny?

Thank you for setting this up, Jim.

Colin YNWA

Danny / Minibolt - that is the most amazing post - thank you for sharing at what must be a terrible time for you and your family.

Love to you all - and oh damn that's a fine drawing too!

Supersurfer - lovely to see you hear, wish it was under happier circumstances - but as ever stunning picture.

Mike Carroll

Cracking good pic, Mini-Bolt -- and I love the idea of an older Whistler with cybernetic augmentation!

And Flip-R's pic (which is also excellent) reminded me that  I created the Whistler logo, all the way back in May 2004: Dave asked for something reminiscent of the classic Strontium Dog logo...

-- Mike

CrazyFoxMachine

From Blackmocco / Mick Cassidy - the gallery over on our FB page will be open indefinitely to tributes so if folk have any doodles or drawings they want to contribute whenever they feel ready let us know.

Paying back all the creativity he got out into the world is going to be the work of a lifetime.

blackmocco

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 06 June, 2021, 07:52:53 PM
From Blackmocco / Mick Cassidy - the gallery over on our FB page will be open indefinitely to tributes so if folk have any doodles or drawings they want to contribute whenever they feel ready let us know.

Paying back all the creativity he got out into the world is going to be the work of a lifetime.

Thanks Owen. Yes, I couldn't figure out how to post an image and had to ask for help.
I'm not on here much anymore and between colonoscopies, surgery to my (of course) drawing hand and Family Guy deadlines that were piling up, I only got to this today. I didn't know Dave very well but we bantered quite a bit when I was contributing stuff to Zarjaz! over the years and I knew what a good decent and humble skin he was. Quite shaken by the news, even now a few weeks later. This isn't much but wanted to pay my respects anyway.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

CrazyFoxMachine

Jim_Campbell

Folks... I was meaning to post a quick update this week, just to let you all know what's happening with this.

It's Dave's funeral at the end of next week. I'm going to start pulling the book together over the coming week, with a view to getting it printed up and sent off to Dave's family after the funeral, so we'll call Monday 28th the absolute last call for anything anyone wants to get in.

That being the case, we'll kick off the next sketch comp in the first week of July.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.