Main Menu

A Sorry Case V Mutie’s Luck - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Short: Game 04

Started by Colin YNWA, 29 July, 2021, 07:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

A Sorry Case V Mutie's Luck  - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Short: Game 04

They may be short but some of these pack a mighty punch. Games 3 and 4 from the Short Region and game 4 might start to firm up Group 1...might...

All you need do is vote for your favourite between:

A Sorry Case - more info

Vs

Mutie's Luck - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite of these two stories at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easy) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Sunday 1st August and the winner (I'll count up who gets the most votes basically) gets 3 points towards qualifying... huh...

... there's a spreadsheet to make following easier... if you fancy. If not, don't worry just VOTE!!!!

What on Earth is all this?

Why on Tharg's Earth head are we doing this?

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

AlexF

Mutes luck - mostly because the Sorry Case wound me up. I do like some Glum, too.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Leigh S

Mutie's Luck is exceptionally important in term so setting up future Strontinuity - Milton Keynes being perhaps our first link to the future UK set up.

Sorry Case is a wonderful showcase for Colin MacNeil - just like Town that Died of Shame, I still can;t see why the editorial didnt jump all over MacNeil when Carlos stepped back.  The story is great fun and doesn't out stay its welcome.... so this is a toouchy

I'm guessing Mutie's Luck will take this, so I am tactically voting for "Sorry Case", which I think is an overlooked gem.

Dog Deever

Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Dark Jimbo

A Sorry Case, mainly because I can see Mutie's Luck romping home, and because it was the funnier of the two stories.
@jamesfeistdraws

Magnetica

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Rogue Judge

Ah these are both good, I could go either way...but I'll go with A Sorry Case to show some love to the MacNeil droid. The only other artist who I really like drawing Johnny & Co.

Colin YNWA

Only a day to go and plenty of votes still to come in judging by the numbers so get um in today.

For me neither of these rock my world and in the end one is simply more memorable and on that basis I go:

Sorry Case

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

This one was interesting as Mutie's Luck shot out the blocks and grabbed a commanding lead. It then seemed to stall and leave the door open as it tired. Sorry Case wasn't apologetic to snatch that window of opportunity and steady built into the game and a late push took it home. So this one goes to:

Sorry Case

Smiley's World   3   4
Sorry Case          3   -2
Mutie's Luck       0   0

Which leaves Smiley's World in a good place going into the final game in the group and Mutie's Luck with a mountain to climb.