Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2023

Started by Dash Decent, 11 November, 2021, 01:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nxylas

Quote from: Dash Decent on 25 June, 2022, 09:06:56 AM
The Best of Jane Bond - 96 pages, 13th April 2023

It's the Swingin' Sixties, and there's only one spy standing between crime and world domination - and her name is Jane Bond!

Jane Bond, Secret Agent, is the finest spy on Worldpol's roster. Armed with her wits, her fists, and an array of futuristic tech, she is our last line of defense against a international criminal underworld. From fighting a school of super villainesses, to foiling plans to melt to Artic ice caps, to escaping the clutches of a giant mechanical lobster, there's no shortage of dangerous missions Jane must undertake for Queen and Country!

This collection of campy espionage adventure from 1960s girls' comic Princess Tina is lovingly restored to its full glory, and is lavishly illustrated throughout by Mike Hubbard, the artist of iconic Daily Mirror strip Jane.

I didn't know The Asylum published comics :D
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Leigh S

Can I be really nerdy and say that I hope that isnt the cover

Stront has distinct phases costume wise - Galaxy Killers and Jurney Into Hell Alpha has double small shoulder pads

Death's Head through to Gronk Affair he has more bulbous helemt and left pad

Moses through to Rage he has the three band pad shown here

One of the painted Journey Into Hell covers would suit this collection better - the one with the tentacles 116(?) would be my go to!

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 25 June, 2022, 03:23:54 PM
Quote from: Dash Decent on 25 June, 2022, 09:02:20 AM
Strontium Dog Search and Destroy 2 - The 2000 AD Years - 2nd February 2023

Strontium Dog Search and Destroy - The 2000 AD Years 1, collects the earliest SD strips to appear in 2000 AD after the sci-fi comic it originally appeared in, Starlord, was merged with the 'galaxy's greatest comic!'

Co-created by John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra, the team behind Judge Dredd, this collection includes the beautifully-coloured spreads that appeared in the original 2000 AD run and includes the classic Strontium Dog story, Portrait Of A Mutant. This pivotal tale explored Johnny Alpha's past and introduced such memorable characters as the knobbly-headed Middenface McNulty and the Torso from Newcastle.

YES!! Exactly what I've been asking for, thank you Tharg! Really hoping this is hardback, same as the Starlord years.

Also grateful to have the Case Files trucking along, always a highlight.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 25 June, 2022, 03:23:54 PM

YES!! Exactly what I've been asking for, thank you Tharg! Really hoping this is hardback, same as the Starlord years.

I'm sure it will be.  It looks like they are going to make me buy all the stories again, in hardback.

Then later again when Rebellion decided to colour everything and put it out again.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Max Headroom

Regarding the 'Strontium Dog' book - Is this volume going to include all the stories from the beginning of the 2000ad run and omitting none? If this is the case and if this edition goes up to everything including 'Portrait of a Mutant', then that's eight different stories and quite a hefty page count. Personally, I am hoping that this is the case and nothing is left out. What do other's think?

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Posted by John Freeman on DownTheTubes:

Joe Pineapples: Tin Man (A.B.C. Warriors)
by Pat Mills, Simon Bisley, et al.
Out: 27th January 2023
ISBN: 978-1786184931

Joe Pineapples: Tin Man (A.B.C. Warriors)
Stranded for millions of years on an asteroid is hard work – especially when you only have a sewage droid for company! A.B.C. Warrior and ace robotic sniper, Joe Pineapples, looks back over his life as he seeks to unravel the mystery and the meaning behind an I.D. plate that he has carried around since his days as an X-terminator fighting in the Volgan War.

With a cover photo that I can't add here. So I guess that means it's in the prog sometime soon!

SBT

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Leigh S on 26 June, 2022, 05:30:03 PM

Stront has distinct phases costume wise - Galaxy Killers and Journey Into Hell Alpha has double small shoulder pads; Death's Head through to Gronk Affair he has more bulbous helmet and left pad; Moses through to Rage he has the three band pad shown here...

Given that the new hardcover of 'The Son' has a classic Johnny from circa Death's Head era, I think you're waaaay out of luck there!
@jamesfeistdraws

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Quote from: broodblik on 06 July, 2022, 01:20:32 PM
Here is the link:

https://downthetubes.net/2000ad-treasury-of-british-collections-and-specials-2023/

Cheers Broodblik*, my bad. Should have added that.

SBT

*and I've finally worked out your name isn't 'Bloodbilk' as I have been reading for... years?

johnfreeman

Some of the covers on this list are probably not final. I've just been back into it and added information on the source of dates and titles. There will be a lot more to come - most books I have traced so far are out in the first quarter of 2023

Max Headroom

Following the thread of my last post; I have calculated that for Strontium Dog 2000ad years vol. 1 to not exclude anything it would have to be a minimum of 316 pages! Does anyone think this is viable?

broodblik

Quote from: broodblik on 06 July, 2022, 01:20:32 PM
Here is the link:

https://downthetubes.net/2000ad-treasury-of-british-collections-and-specials-2023/

Interesting thing is that a Feral and Foe release is planned for early Jan. So I do not believe we will get it as a floppy anymore
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sintec

Quote from: broodblik on 06 July, 2022, 05:05:47 PM
Interesting thing is that a Feral and Foe release is planned for early Jan. So I do not believe we will get it as a floppy anymore

Yeah really happy to see this is getting a proper TPB release. It's a great series and deserved better than being hidden away in the Floppy.

Leigh S

Indeed - thats a good image that is totally unused, but For Thargs Sake, recolour it!  Blue costume AND blue eyes!!

I would rather the Vol 1 of the 2000AD years was just Galaxy Killers, Journey Into Hell and any Specials stuff (Night of the Blood Freaks?)

Vol 2 would be progs 178 to 199 & Specials
Vol 3 would be Portrait & Specials
etc etc

Sell me more!

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 06 July, 2022, 01:35:13 PM
Quote from: Leigh S on 26 June, 2022, 05:30:03 PM

Stront has distinct phases costume wise - Galaxy Killers and Journey Into Hell Alpha has double small shoulder pads; Death's Head through to Gronk Affair he has more bulbous helmet and left pad; Moses through to Rage he has the three band pad shown here...

Given that the new hardcover of 'The Son' has a classic Johnny from circa Death's Head era, I think you're waaaay out of luck there!

davidbishop

Nice to see Fiends back on the schedule, after it got back from 2020 or 2021 due to a class with the partwork.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: davidbishop on 07 July, 2022, 11:40:51 AM
Nice to see Fiends back on the schedule, after it got back from 2020 or 2021 due to a class with the partwork.

Not quite sure about this book - it's going to cut off right in the middle of a story, and be just as annoying as when the Hachette book did the same.

I'd rather an approach like -

Volume 1 - Originals and ephemera
Original GFD/Ezquerra series
Bishop/Macneil Stalingrad series
Adams/Kendall one-off
Abnett/Ezquerra Durham Red one-off (from the Scarlet Apocrypha)
Berry/Dani Vietnam one-off

Volume 2 - The Edginton stuff
Fiends of the Western Front
Constanta
(and if there's only one or two more stories left to run, maybe wait and stick these in here too)
@jamesfeistdraws