Main Menu

Specials or Regen Progs 2022

Started by broodblik, 12 February, 2022, 10:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

I just want to know if any one has seen or heard any news related to any specials or even regen progs that will be released this year.

The only special which I know of is the Battle Action Special. I think t would nice to have a anniversary special supporting the anniversary prog (2270)
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

I'm pretty sure we've been told the Regened will be the same as the last couple of years, four interspersed with the Prog.

There's a number of 45 Anniversary trades / specials - there's the artists collection coming pretty soon, so the one that includes Jamie Smart and Mike Allred.

Have we heard about a Sci-fi Special as well - must admit don't recall that???

broodblik

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 12 February, 2022, 12:03:01 PM
I'm pretty sure we've been told the Regened will be the same as the last couple of years, four interspersed with the Prog.

I know it was mentioned but I have not seen any release schedule, if it is the same as the previous years then it would be something like this:
2270 - it can not be because this is the Anniversary prog
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dash Decent

There are two collected Regene trades scheduled for 2022.  I don't know how many Regene progs are covered by a collection but the page count on the trades is:

1 - 128 pages
2 - 144
3 - 112
4 - 112

If we know how many Regene progs are covered by volumes 1 & 2, and how much material has come out in prog format but not yet been collected, it may give something of an indication.  Though I suppose Tharg is not so big a chump as to publish material in a collection that he's only just put out weeks earlier in a prog.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

broodblik

Also the third one is featuring as story taht has not been released in any of the regen issues:

In this, the third smashing volume, follow the action packed adventures of Cadet Dredd as he battles giant robots! Save the world from aliens with Judge Anderson! Meet the mightiest cat burglar of Mega-City One! Marvel at the brain-busting and jaw dropping Future Shocks! Plus, in an exclusive new strip, classic 2000 AD characters the Harlem Heroes return!

Art

MumboJimbo

Does anyone know why we haven't had any Regened issues yet? It's a little strange as it's now mid-April.

One answer could be the anniversary prog replaced it, so we'll see the first one around prog 2282.

broodblik

This is what I know so far:
1. The first regen prog will be 2180: https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAR221846
2. The second will be 2288: https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/APR221757

MumboJimbo

Thanks, that's helpful. I wonder why the March prog pack included prog 2280 when that will come out in May? But I guess that's not particularly relevant!