Main Menu

2023 Advent Submissions

Started by Trooper McFad, 01 December, 2023, 06:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trooper McFad

Well folks 12 months have flown in as the years seem to get faster and faster it's already that time again to for this board to indulge in some festive cheer.

Yes it's the Message board Advent 2023.

Before I post this year's first day submission I'd just like to thank all those that have put their names down this year. I read all the threads posted throughout the year but this is the one that caught my eye when I first joined and now I've ended up organising it!

I hope everyone enjoys the wide range of talent that lurks on these pages and remembers to post any comments on the comments thread.

Seasons Greetings
Merry Christmas
Happy Holidays

Trooper McFad
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Trooper McFad

Well folks here's the first of my 2 submissions
I apologise that it's not as Christmasy as some of my previous entries.

For those that are familiar with the naughty Elf craze here's my twist.

Mean on the Screen- he's watching you!!

P.S. for more details please have a look out for the usual figure thread in the next couple of days.

Dash Decent

And from the Repeat Department comes Dash Decent's Decidedly Dodgy Daily Double-up for today.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

JohnW

Those of you who remember my submissions last year might have been expecting another long-form essay-type thing, but ever since Tharg cruelly rejected my pitch for my nine-book epic The Ballad of Impetigo Jones, I just haven't had much heart for writing prose.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Le Fink

Didn't manage to get near finishing, and don't know if I'll have time today, so here's my submission.

What if... D.R. and Quinch were handing out presents in the Nerve Centre? Havoc ensues. Tharg about to apply some punishment. Found some droid images on the web for reference, and my Hachette DR & Q / Skizz book for the main two. Fun to draw, would like to finish some time.

Dash Decent

Let's carry on the DR & Quinch theme with another of Dash's Derivative Daily Double-ups.

This one is from 2011.  For reasons that now escape me, DR & Quinch are wearing signs that spell out a Christmassy phrase.  Can you guess it?

For even more obscure reasons, there are various nods to J. Edward Oliver.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Le Fink

My submission coloured in. Enjoy!

Dash Decent

Stepping in for Vector14 today.  Let's see what's behind door no. 4

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

And to add the usual dash of Dash...

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Andy Lambert

From The Vaults...
After Kevin O'Neill

JohnW

Quadruple up!
This one is for our forum brother Vector14 – a boarder of great promise, tragically laid low by his own daughter on the eve of his big break.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Vector14

Yes I've been laid low! But the spirit of Christmas has given me new found strength to do this quick drawing while I'm supposed to be at work.
Be Festive!
Be Jolly!
Behave! (Or you won't be getting any presents)

Andy Lambert

From The Vaults - Rogue shares a Christmas cracker with Bagman, from an idea suggested by Dash Decent back in 2017.

Trooper McFad