Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

'Cos I got new teeth!

I've been gap-toothed for 2 weeks but...

and after £209 of the NHS's finest...

JOE SOAP

Dandontdare

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 28 April, 2012, 12:23:38 AM
You didn't change clothes for 2 weeks?

Of course not - Are you accusing me of being some kind of Southern nancy, with their high fallutin hygiene and clothe-changing superstitions?

mogzilla

ini Mog had a pet sow at school her brug (griffon/pug) won...

1st cutest puppy
2nd dog judge would most like to take home
2nd best 6 legs (dog and owner)
5th fancy dress

and drum roll.....

....only best of show!!!! needless to say mini was chuffing chuffed to bits! she won a big cup and six weeks of puppy training classes ,merl won a big squeaky jim'll fix it type badge toy!

one proud daddy today! :D :D :D

maryanddavid

Thats brilliant, girls and their dogs, horses etc, etc.

Im just back from seeing Cristy Moore, it was my Christmas present. Never seen him before, and what a performer, brilliant, brilliant night.

David

TordelBack

Aye, Christy Moore is an incredible live performer.  I've seen him solo a good few times over the years, and with Moving Hearts and with Planxty one time each.  The Planxty one (a reunion show in Vicar St a few years back) is in my Top 5 best all time gigs.

And congrats Mogzilla on the MiniMogDog triumph!

JayzusB.Christ

Never seen Christy Moore myself; though I have to say he's never been my bag.  And I grew up utterly surrounded by Irish traditional music - my Dad used to play live with Sean Cannon, before he was a Dubliner (though my Dad admits he himself wasn't a patch on Mr Cannon).  Actually, Sean Cannon gets a mention in Christy's Lisdoonvarna.
Despite my obligatory youthful reaction against all music my parents liked, I now think the Dubliners are not just a great band but as much a part of Irish culture as pissing on O'Connell Bridge, obsessing over redundant national grudges and giving backhanders to the government, only better than all three.
But Christy Moore's just not for me; I know he's very popular but I just don't get him.  My mate used to go to the same AA meetings as him though, so he's earned his Irish points there at least  ;)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

strontium71

Quote from: Dandontdare on 28 April, 2012, 12:16:59 AM
'Cos I got new teeth!

I've been gap-toothed for 2 weeks but...

and after £209 of the NHS's finest...

I can't be the only one that when anyone posts photos of themselves at home , I always have a good gander at what they have on display...?
...because I hate you.

CrazyFoxMachine

The only thing I see on display is a FINE GRIN. Money well spent sir.

In other fantastic news, the missus and I have found an affordable (we hope) and spacious wee flat in Bristol to live in together. :) Very chuffed.

Aonghus

Quote from: TordelBack on 29 April, 2012, 08:37:43 AM
Aye, Christy Moore is an incredible live performer.  I've seen him solo a good few times over the years, and with Moving Hearts and with Planxty one time each.  The Planxty one (a reunion show in Vicar St a few years back) is in my Top 5 best all time gigs.

I think I have the DVD of that live show! Didn't get to go myself but it's a brilliant show :D

Quote from: Lee Bates on 27 April, 2012, 11:25:41 AM
Am I the only one on here who likes hip hop?

I would refer you gentlemen to my post on the music thread. 3 hours of A Tribe Called Quest last night! ^_^ which was a side affect of why life's so drokking fantastic, viz. having wonderful chats with the ladyfriend into the wee hours. Plus she's coming over on Friday! Yay.

Cyberleader2000

Life's so drokking fantastic because Its my Birthday today.
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

Spikes

Happy birthday young man....

...and dont forget, a birthday without booze is a wasted birthday,  ;)

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Frank

Quote from: Cyberleader2000 on 05 May, 2012, 01:09:12 PM
Life's so drokking fantastic because Its my Birthday today.

Assuming you're not Sacha Baron Cohen, researching a new character, Happy Birthday.