Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

This is the 2012 uniform. So I'll be able to do both versions at cons from now on ;)

dweezil2

Seeing you in the movie uniform will take some getting used to JB!   :o
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

COMMANDO FORCES

I know! I think I'll still do more cons in the Planet Replicas but the 2012 version will see me doing proper weapon holds and advancing to contact round the convention halls :lol:

TordelBack

It's been a good day.

I found a 13th C house plot and a Bronze Age cooking place on the same site in the same day, which should ensure further work for a few weeks at least.

My daughter got a place in the same school as her brother for this September, despite us being informed last week that she was 78th on the waiting list (for 28 places).  Thank grud for bastards that put their kid's names down for every school in the area.

Our appeal to be reclassified as 'co-operative borrowers' was finally upheld, thus blocking the Bank's legal action over our mortgage arrears (that leaves only one bank still taking me to court!)

Yeah, I'll call that one a win.

Trout

Quote from: TordelBack on 23 January, 2014, 11:03:18 PM
It's been a good day.

I found a 13th C house plot and a Bronze Age cooking place on the same site in the same day, which should ensure further work for a few weeks at least.

My daughter got a place in the same school as her brother for this September, despite us being informed last week that she was 78th on the waiting list (for 28 places).  Thank grud for bastards that put their kid's names down for every school in the area.

Our appeal to be reclassified as 'co-operative borrowers' was finally upheld, thus blocking the Bank's legal action over our mortgage arrears (that leaves only one bank still taking me to court!)

Yeah, I'll call that one a win.

Yaaaaaaaaaaay!

CrazyFoxMachine

It's been a good day.

I knew you were a trowel-wielder as well as I TB - but I've forgotten where you're based, is it the east coast somewhere?

I'm doing my first bit of industrial archaeology in the centre of Bristol this week and man is it hard digging. Bricks...bricks everywhere.

Hawkmumbler

Wonderful to see there are some other gentlemen of the earth here. Though i'm more in the Palaeontology sect of the industry, my two frequent dithering points is Newshey Quarry in Lancashire and Stockdale Quarry in Cumbria. Can't say i've found anything as large as a 13th Century building plot mind, but plenty of Gastropods and Trilobites. :lol:

I, Cosh

So, is nobody else worried that our maps of the past are being drawn by people who get paid by the square foot? "Oh yes, that's the old Roman spaceport over there. What? No, these aren't the droids you're looking for."

Good news nonetheless.
We never really die.

Dunk!

'Cos 4.30 on any given Friday is Beer O'clock at work.
"Trust we"

Rog69

Good news TB  :)

Maybe I could commission you to excavate the ironing pile in our dining room, legend has it that there is a late 90's dining chair about three feet in.

TordelBack

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 24 January, 2014, 06:29:07 AM
I knew you were a trowel-wielder as well as I TB - but I've forgotten where you're based, is it the east coast somewhere?

It's the east coast of somewhere, certainly: Dublin/Kildare border at the moment, although presently it's the mattock and the Big Yellow Trowel I'm mainly wielding: glorious stuff turning up though, kicking myself that I'm only subbing, I'd love to have the whole project and really go to town.  After so long out of the field game I'm a wreck in the evenings - feeling my age.  And on that note, two former colleagues gave themselves nasty hernias on industrial sites, so beware.  Tanneries are my least favourite variety of industrial, nearly killed myself bringing an intact oak tanning vat to the museum once, but I'm very partial to watermills - love working out the sluice mechanisms and surveying the channels and all that.

And thanks for the warm words, all.

maryanddavid

Good to hear TB,  a little all over it seems.
An unusual little thing happened this eve, while haveing the not so nice job of helping clear a hour of a relative passed away, a medal was found to suggest military activity in India in the late 19th century, surprise may be a strong word, excitement better. I know little of war/military records, anyone have directions?

Ancient Otter

Quote from: TordelBack on 24 January, 2014, 07:18:01 PM
It's the east coast of somewhere, certainly: Dublin/Kildare border at the moment, although presently it's the mattock and the Big Yellow Trowel I'm mainly wielding: glorious stuff turning up though, kicking myself that I'm only subbing, I'd love to have the whole project and really go to town.  After so long out of the field game I'm a wreck in the evenings - feeling my age.  And on that note, two former colleagues gave themselves nasty hernias on industrial sites, so beware.  Tanneries are my least favourite variety of industrial, nearly killed myself bringing an intact oak tanning vat to the museum once, but I'm very partial to watermills - love working out the sluice mechanisms and surveying the channels and all that.

And thanks for the warm words, all.

You hear Irish Water are looking for Archaeology consultants? Ka-ching!

radiator

I've moaned a lot before on the board about my girlfriend's mild hoarding tendency, and over the years have slowly resigned myself to accept that its just hard-wired and I would just have to live with it.

But with a possible relocation/emigration looming, over the last few weeks she has unbelievably swung into action, and has blitzed the flat, purging all the accumulated crap of a lifetime. Boxes and boxes of useless, worthless junk consigned to the charity shop/bin or else re-homed. Cannot overstate how chuffed I am about this, and am on the verge of achieving clutter-free nirvana. While her habit wasn't anywhere near as bad as those die hard hoarders you see on telly, it's been a bugbear of mine ever since we moved in together and the cause of many a row.

So I say to my fellow boarders in similar situations, there IS hope. You might just have to tentatively agree to move to the other side of the world to kick things into action!

TordelBack

That sounds like great progress Radiator!

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 25 January, 2014, 09:13:29 PM
You hear Irish Water are looking for Archaeology consultants? Ka-ching!

Despite Irish Water's apparent enthusiasm for pouring gold down the throats of each and every consultant they pass on the street, I somehow doubt this largesse extends to archaeologists.  Having signed up for many of these panels (most of the utilities and infrastructure guys have them) you cannot conceive of what a crapton of bollocks getting and doing that gig would be. Leaving aside the likely 40-page application and 13 million Public Liability cover required,  I did a rake of service network things back in the Noughties, and they were ghastly: hanging around in the back of beyond at 3am to watch someone dig a 1m-wide hole in the road in the dark. I would regularly arrive at some benighted crossroads at the appointed hour only to spend most the night wrapped in my sleeping bag in my car waiting for a JCB to show up, and then spend days arguing with the QS that I should be paid for the time I was told to be there, rather than for the half-hour they were actually digging.  >Shudder<.

That said, I will of course be enthusiastically humping their legs for the merest crumb of work.