Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emp

I'm stuck in that dilema of waiting it out and if it goes tits up get a redundancy package or trying to jump ship now (they always say its easier to find work while in work),but i t don't really want the bastards to get away with putting me outta work without coughing up.

vzzbux

For all of those seeking employment:
Kelly Group have not long won a huge contract with BT and are actively seeking employment up and down the country. They have poached many of our engineers throughout the midlands. Why don't you give it a go?

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

vzzbux

I think I may have saved my neighbours life today. I hope it is something minor and all I did was comfort him.
I was in my back garden when my neighbour shouted over to me in a distressed voice. I vaulted over to find her husband doubled over and struggling badly, I told her to call and ambulance and wait for it. He was in a very bad way and at one point I thought he was gone.
He eventually came round but was not himself. Paramedics came very quickly and took over.
It's just a waiting game now.
God it was fucking scary.

V
Drokking since 1972

The Legendary Shark

I have the squits something fierce. I feel like I've just passed Loch Ness through my stinging ring; fish, weeds, pebbles and all. There may even have been a couple of more solid lumps, but these were probably just a trick of the shite.

Uh-oh... excuse me a minute...  :o
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

vzzbux

Turns out my neighbour suffered from an Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm rupture. If I hadn't have been there for him he would have died. He is still 50/50 at the moment but fingers crossed.

Even after saving his life why do I feel shit and sick to the stomach when it is mentioned or I relive the events.

Perhaps when his odds get better then I will feel better in my self.

V
Drokking since 1972

klute

My mother in law organised a guy to do our bathroom as a christmas present.......said guy seems to have given us the run around he's supposed to start work on our bathroom monday coming up.

Currently there's no sign of life from this hillbilly cowboy and we now have tiles,bath, toilet etc littering various rooms in the house and by the look's of things nobody to do said work.

I'm frustrated that the guy can't just be man enough and say he didn't want to do the work/took on more than he could handle.I don't know but atleast grow a set of ball's and say your not coming.

If it's not one thing its another.

And i posted this twice.
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Richmond Clements

My work van this afternoon:

I'm okay, but suspect I shall be sore in the morning.

klute

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 09 August, 2011, 10:58:33 PM
My work van this afternoon:

I'm okay, but suspect I shall be sore in the morning.

Nasty!!! main thing is your okay.

JOE SOAP

Trying to mow down some rioters in your Manta-Tank again Clemmo?

Emperor

Ouch, take painkillers now.

Quote from: vzzbux on 04 August, 2011, 09:59:14 PM
Turns out my neighbour suffered from an Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm rupture. If I hadn't have been there for him he would have died. He is still 50/50 at the moment but fingers crossed.

Even after saving his life why do I feel shit and sick to the stomach when it is mentioned or I relive the events.

Perhaps when his odds get better then I will feel better in my self.

It'll just be shock - you did well there as my grandma lost a brother and sister to aortic aneurysms. They are quick and brutal, so even getting him to a point where his odds are 50/50 is an achievement (poor odds are better than none). So focus on that, because it is something to be proud of.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

The Legendary Shark

Oof. Glad you're okay, Rich. Stuff like that can really shake you up.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Quote from: vzzbux on 04 August, 2011, 09:59:14 PM

Four years back my wife followed the noise of an early-morning smole alarm and pulled a sleeping neighbour out of his burning flat, and went on to get the two families below and beside him out too before the building was gutted (it took about 10 minutes to go from the smoke alarm starting to the roof coming in).  Everybody was okay bar some smoke inhalation, but she couldn't bear to have it even mentioned for months afterwards - it made her literally physically ill.  Shock is a very powerful effect. 

And Richmond, ouch, glad you walked away from that.

klute

My internets been down 5 days due to an outage in the area and they have no idea when it will be fixed

Aol have always been fairly good service wise but there customer service this time around  has been lacking.

Enough to look consider looking for another isp

Bolt-01

because due to work related requirements I'm stuck using IE6 as my browser, which is no longer supported by Google so my Gmail is all over the place, I can't post on blogger anymore and I keep being told I need to upgrade.

Sigh...

The Legendary Shark

because whilst walking the dog the other day I saw, I think, the saddest sight I've seen all year, a drownded snowman:

How like my own life, how like my hopes and dreams, how like my childhood. It was such an existential landmine in my path that I'm surprised I didn't jump in next to the thing and be done with it. Damn you, Philosophical Angst!  >:(
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]