Main Menu

2000AD Advent Calendar 2013 COMMENTS thread.

Started by Pete Wells, 30 November, 2013, 11:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

Please post your comments to the wonderful entries of the 2013 Advent Calendar in this thread. The calendat itself is here: http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,39692.0.html

Merry Christmas everyone!

SuperSurfer

Fantastic start to the annual greatest thread on the internet. Two drokkin' brilliant entries there, Pete. Both cracked me up. Love it.

CrazyFoxMachine

Look I've been building up to saying this for ages, and I know it's not very festive but that first entry has really tipped me over. Here it is...

I LOVE PETE WELLS

There, now look what you've done.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

An amazing start to the Advent Calendar. I'm still in hysterics after the Winter Wonderland video and that Drokkin' comic strip was frightfully realistic.
Great to see The Gavin Leahy Block again, even in such a terrible condition.

Colin YNWA

It makes me happy that this is back. and started by the Mighty Pete Wells. Not only the nicest man on the Internet but also a produce of fine, fine, fine comic treats.

Every time a church bell rings another Pete Wells produces comedy things.

Darren Stephens

Wahay, here we go again! Fantastic start Pete.  :lol:
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

stacey

Loved this nearly as much as the live version! Fabulous Pete xxxx

Buttonman

Fantastic -I could read a book of oor Burdis' adventures! The flies round his smelly sock were a touch of genius!

Jim_Campbell

A genuine laugh-out-loud moment to start my Sunday. Thanks, Pete! :-)

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

TordelBack

Brilliant start.  Tharg, commission a 50-episode run of Oor Burdis immediately. This thread should go a long way to crossing the yawning no-man's-land between the 1st December (Phony Christmas) and the release of Prog 2014 (Real Christmas).

shaolin_monkey

Oh Jesus Christ - that Oor Burdis isn't funny at all - it's too scarily accurate! Ferkin hell man - try going on patrol with him. Either my holster isn't quite right, or I'm saluting with the wrong drokking hand, or I haven't prepped a uniform repair kit. ;) :D

(Just kidding John, you're not that bad. And sorry for using up all your uniform repair kit ;) )

shaolin_monkey

I've just watched the Winter Wonderland vid - absolutely hilarious! Some seriously good comedy moments in there, and perfect comic timing at the end. Love it!

Devons Daddy

I return to board for this?????
DROKKING RIGHT I DID!!!

Pure utter brilliance, damn it's good to be here again.
Truly outstanding the essence of this place captured.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Devons Daddy

So good I felt the need to share it FB!
A laugh out funny and well animated piece.
Thankyou for making December 1st all it should
Be.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

COMMANDO FORCES

An absolute disgrace (again) and I shall be contacting my lawyers (again) very soon! This is the sort of stuff that comes from the mind of a person addicted to Greggs. Remember kids, if your mam asks you if you want your first ever pasty from this eaterie, just say no, or you will end up like this ;)

Truly wonderful opening pair for the first box from Pete. The strip made me laugh at work as I went from panel to panel but the song, what can you say. Luckily for me I had a serenade the other day down the phone, so knew what was coming, so I wouldn't be sat at work laughing to myself as others wondered what was going on but the visuals add that extra touch to the insanity and yes I guffawed uncontrollably. I wondered where one of my spare badges vanished!

Well done Pete :thumbsup: