Main Menu

2000AD Advent Calendar 2013 COMMENTS thread.

Started by Pete Wells, 30 November, 2013, 11:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Amazing work, Mike. My childhood was filled with Airfix modelling kits and I really wish the Lawmaster had been one of them.

Fantastic work, Darren. Great details that made me guffaw.

TordelBack

Feck me Eamonn, that was good!  I've read many, many pastiches of that poem but that's definitely the best.

IronGraham

Loved the poem kept the eeriness of the original
We're werewolves not swearwolves

shaolin_monkey

Bloody hell, nice poem! You did Poe proud mate.

Fungus

Liking the contributions :-)
If Mr Carroll's kit is bested I'm a monkey's uncle (I'm not a monkey's uncle).

CrazyFoxMachine

judda fett

POEtent stuff Eamonn and lovely gesture as ever Gavin.

Mike Carroll

Eamonn and Gavin... Top-notch work there!

The Raven pastiche would actually work great as a Dredd strip - If there's any justice, an enterprising artist will draw that up!

And once again, Gavin has certainly earned many points toward his inevitable Krill Tro Thargo by dispensing thrill-power to the masses! I have decided that this process shall hereafter be called "Gavinating."

Hmm... that's got me thinking! Suppose we ALL did a little Gavinating? Say we pick a particular issue - the next jumping-on prog, maybe - and we all buy an extra copy and leave it somewhere to be found by someone who's likely to appreciate it? C'mon - let's do it! Who's with me?

-- Mike

Darren Stephens

Lovely stuff guys. Gavin, that really is the Christmas spirit! ;)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Colin YNWA

Gavin's repeat of one of my all time favourite advent calendar offering is as wonderful this time as it was the first!

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 09 December, 2013, 03:54:23 AM
Hmm... that's got me thinking! Suppose we ALL did a little Gavinating? Say we pick a particular issue - the next jumping-on prog, maybe - and we all buy an extra copy and leave it somewhere to be found by someone who's likely to appreciate it? C'mon - let's do it! Who's with me?

-- Mike

I agree Gavin's idea is fab.  It's kind of like 'bookcrossing.com', which I found was a fun way to get rid of books when my shelves hit critical mass.

Re doing some Gavinating, perhaps the upcoming prog would be a good place to start?  I'm up for it - anyone else?

Mikey

Some magnificnet contributions again this year - but that Lawmaster model mock up made me pang like I don't know what. This has to be made real!

And yeah, I'd have a pop at Gavinating. As long as I don't get my head stuck.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

von Boom

Magnificent work Darren and eamonn! :)

The gift of Thrill-Power is a definite sign of the season Gavin. :)

CrazyFoxMachine

I think every major European city needs Gavinating guilds that regular go out and prog up the streets.

But then rival Gavinating factions would form and there would be TURF WARS the like of which the world has never seen.

If I had the money to buy even one prog for myself I'd consider buying a second and doing a bit of Gavinating. Despite the risks I've already outlined above.

Eamonn Clarke

Thanks for the kind words about my back up calendar window. Hope my main one goes down as well next Sunday.
And I have some spare progs that I shall now be Gavinating in the next two weeks. Lovely idea.