Main Menu

SENSE8 - Netflix original series

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 08 May, 2015, 03:32:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeOiNK!

There's definitely a lot going on there from the word go, requires dedication I'd say but it's intriguing enough with a good bunch of characters that I think I'll commit.
Blog - http://the-oink-blog.blogspot.co.uk

Twitter - @PhilEdBoyce

JudgeOiNK!

Sorry for the double post but forgot to say I think it's refreshing to see a show actually filming in all those places rather than use stock footage and then very obviously being filmed somewhere else entirely.

Twitter - @PhilEdBoyce

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 08 May, 2015, 03:32:38 AM
Coming from the Wachowskis' and it looks promising and rather stylish, with some of the scenes in the trailer. Anyway, all episodes hit Netflix on the 5th of June.

SENSE8 Trailer

By the way, look at the right side of the screen at 1.04 OOPS :-[

Intriguing.....Anything made by the Wachowski brothers (Brother/Sister, if you know about that ;)) is worth noticing.

Not sure what it's about exactly after watching the trailer, and not getting what you mean at 1.04, but you made me look  :-\

CrazyFoxMachine

OiNK ... are you on the Wachowski's payroll?  :lol:

Well - all power to you if you like it. Didn't mean to have such a downer on it obviously everybody has their own view. From looking at many reviews collated though it looks like it [spoiler]all builds up to nothing[/spoiler] and one of my favourite positive reviews goes (paraphrase):

"Of COURSE the first five or six episodes are incredibly confusing! They're MEANT to be - like the characters you yourself are supposed to be confused. As they discover things, so do you. I guess they're saving a lot of that for Season 2 though! Roll on Season 2 woooo can't wait!"

And I thought - wait, in twelve hours it still doesn't build to a meaningful conclusion? Naw yerralright. I wasted so so so much of my life with Lost, I watched every damned minute of Heroes. I've had it with intentionally enigmatic po-faced mystery sci-fis that drag on forever - that's why I ditched Wayward Pines on episode 2. It's like "I ain't got time for this - you're clearly just stringing everyone along here to keep yourself paid"

DareDevil on the other hand - still working through that (NO SPOILERS) and it's without doubt the best thing Marvel Studios has done. Utterly brilliant series, not a minute wasted. More time with that!

JudgeOiNK!

No, just have my own opinion and I don't even like the majority of the Wachowski's output.  It seems to be a Marmite show, either people hate the slow burn and just want action and for it to be more like everything else out there and it just sails above their heads, or they love the original way of storytelling, the characters and the fact it doesn't pander to a stupid audience. ( And no, I'm not saying anyone who doesn't like it is stupid.)

For me, great characters are key to any series, this has that and the cast are superb.  The show is different and original, great idea, intelligent and isn't afraid to be in how it tells its story.

Twitter - @PhilEdBoyce

COMMANDO FORCES

You'll have to watch it all over again Thryllseekyr, as a little further on in the posts, someone reveals why that bit happened. It's all part of one of the characters jobs!

Theblazeuk

Conversely, Wayward Pines is doing mystery right in my book. Being kept in the dark in an interesting way rather than simply arbitrarily confusing. Like The Prisoner which it obviously owes a huge amount to, but without so much campiness. However all of this is on goodwill as I've been told that it's a limited series rather than one with a hook for ongoing syndication - so sooner rather than later, we'll find out the answers as revealed in the books. Which is supposedly rather good but I don't want to spoil it for myself.

Sense8 is just feeling a little bland to me. 2 episodes in, I'm waiting for this intelligence to show its head.

Professor Bear

For years I was told "Pearl Harbor is shit, it's the shittest film ever, don't watch Pearl harbor, Pearl Harbor sucks" and then I actually did watch it and it was fucking hilarious.
After getting 10 minutes into the first episode of Sense 8, I suggest that those who hate this show might find more to enjoy if they view it as a parody.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 08 June, 2015, 05:57:48 AM

DareDevil on the other hand... Utterly brilliant series, not a minute wasted. More time with that!

You haven't made it to the four episodes Matt spends licking his wounds then...
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Sideshow Bob

Thought Daredevil ( Netflix series ) is the best thing I've seen in a long time.....Just absolutely wonderful stuff.
Vincent D'Onofrio is absolutely fabulous ( as Wilson Fisk ) in it, and steals every scene he is in.....with ease !! ..
Continue watching CFM, you won't be disappointed..

Will give Sense8 a chance but not holding out too much hope.
Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 08 June, 2015, 11:41:54 PM
Continue watching CFM, you won't be disappointed..

I wasn't planning on stopping, it's the TV highlight of the year so far for me!

Theblazeuk

Episode 3 has won me over.

"Frack you Van Dam"...

Satanist

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 08 June, 2015, 05:57:48 AM
...that's why I ditched Wayward Pines on episode 2. It's like "I ain't got time for this - you're clearly just stringing everyone along here to keep yourself paid"...

Lost has a lot to answer for  :lol: I can see where you are coming from but it just revealed almost everything in episode 5. I'm quite enjoying it.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?