Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

staticgirl

My sympathies to all who are losing friends or  members of their families at the moment. It's very sad.

Cosh - This has been a dreadful summer for live events this year. Is that why it was cancelled?

SuperSurfer

Very sorry to hear the sad news Albion.

My sympathies also to Doctor Alt 8.

Hope no one was injured Cosh. I've only experienced a big crowd surge once. Very scary indeed.

paddykafka

Just want to add my sympathies and all to Albion, Emperor and Doc. Can't say much else really. Just hope that you're all bearing up well under the circumstances.

The Legendary Shark

A totting up of the old finances reveals that I can no longer afford to pay for an internet connection so in about a month or so (or more if I can stretch it out) I'll be going off-line.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Emperor

Quote from: Albion on 10 July, 2012, 02:12:54 PM
Looks like my sister-in-law has a month to go.

This has hit me harder than I thought it would and my biggest concern is my poor seventeen year old niece. I lost both my parents when I was twenty-four, that was bad enough, but seventeen.......
She's a great girl and has lived with her mothers illness for about six years but it doesn't really make it any easier.

Sorry to hear this, its all a bit shit isn't it? All you can do is be there for her to help her (and the rest of the family) through this. It does make a big difference.

Quote from: Albion on 10 July, 2012, 02:12:54 PM
I wish my family would stop dying in their fifties, I hope to beat them all at that.

:'(

I went through a period where friends were dropping like flies, mainly for stupid and avoidable reasons. So outside the church I promised them all that if they died I'd follow them to Hell and make them regret it. Its been 10+ years now and no one else has shuffled off this mortal coil. So threats can work.

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 10 July, 2012, 06:07:45 PM
A totting up of the old finances reveals that I can no longer afford to pay for an internet connection so in about a month or so (or more if I can stretch it out) I'll be going off-line.

Can't you deal with the Internet company in the same way you've seen off the water company? If not there must be a way to sneak in on someone else's connection, but perhaps there isn't that much Internet floating around there. I'll stick a bucket of Internet on the Southport-bound train every week, that should tide you over if you use it sparingly.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Emperor on 10 July, 2012, 06:23:06 PM
Can't you deal with the Internet company in the same way you've seen off the water company? If not there must be a way to sneak in on someone else's connection, but perhaps there isn't that much Internet floating around there. I'll stick a bucket of Internet on the Southport-bound train every week, that should tide you over if you use it sparingly.

If I can get them to send me a paper bill then yes, I'll give that a try - but as the ISP does all its billing electronically I'm not sure how to adapt the A4V process or even if it's ethical in the case of a 'luxury' expense like an internet connexion. Maybe I'll think of something while I'm carrying my buckets of internet home :)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hoagy

It's all horrible news for the three posters involved. A devastating thunder cloud has sprawled over you plucky survivors and all I can suggest is maybe you're going to have to stand in the down pour for some time.

As well as this, the young boy who went missing at the Stone Roses gig last weekend has turned up, in the worst case scenario.
His body was identified from being found in the Salford Quays canal. Each time, I'd see his image on a tree or in a shop window, whilst visiting friends in Manchester, I hoped he'd turn up safe from a silly adventure. As we all did, there. Colleagues who worked on the event hoped it too. Such a SNAFU.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Albion

Sorry to hear of others troubles and sorry I posted mine on here but sometimes it feels better to say something online as well as in the real world. Weird eh?

Thanks for the kind words. I have made some good friends on here and the forum is a great part of my life.

I've been through this stuff before and will do the best I can for everyone around me. These are tough times but drokk it we'll get through.

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Roger Godpleton

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 10 July, 2012, 06:40:06 PM
Quote from: Emperor on 10 July, 2012, 06:23:06 PM

If I can get them to send me a paper bill then yes, I'll give that a try - but as the ISP does all its billing electronically I'm not sure how to adapt the A4V process or even if it's ethical in the case of a 'luxury' expense like an internet connexion. Maybe I'll think of something while I'm carrying my buckets of internet home :)

Are there any old ladies nearby who want you to fuck them?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

TordelBack

Holy hell lads and lasses, that's a big pile'o'shite right there.  My sympathies go out to all of you, Doc, Albion and Emperor. 

Sharky, that's a colossal pain and I don't know if you have a laptop-or-similar, but I recently survived a long broadbandless period by scouting free or unsecured WiFi connections, of which there really are many. 

Aside from the legitimate wonder of libraries and community drop-in-centres, many pubs, cafes, fast food dumps, petrol stations and County Council offices etc. have free WiFi that extends far beyond their doors (so you even don't need to make an espresso last 2 hours), and a car or convenient shady bench makes a perfect browsing location.  Then there's private idiots with unsecured connections, such as the guy across from my son's school under whose oblivious auspicies I often check my e-mail morning and afternoon, or my brother's next door neighbour whose blazingly fast connection I sometimes use for sending large documents from my car... Where there's a will there's a wanker. 

Course if you're stuck in desktop land you're screwed.

Roger Godpleton

You are history's greatest monster.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

TordelBack

I prefer to think of myself as history's greatest Womble.  Orinocco, generally, but Tobermory on a good day.

exilewood

Tobermory is Saki's genius cat. And my personal literary hero.

SuperSurfer

On Monday my father in law had a hernia op. He is 76 and has a growing list of health issues. Following key hole surgery he was sent home the same day. He doesn't say much and tends to suffer in silence. The next day he couldn't keep food down so his daughters took him to A&E. They could hear one nurse say "they shouldn't have sent him home". His bladder had swollen massively and seems there was now some blockage. Few days on and one catheter later they called his daughters to collect him. He seemed fine to the nurses but in fact was talking gibberish. He told them his brother was going to collect him but his brother is not even in the country. When I got there he seemed fine, very alert but was talking nonsense: that he was going to be sent to prison, he was on the lookout so the staff don't get him etc. Very distressing for his daughters who turned up expecting to take him home.

One male nurse is excellent but I'm not impressed by some of the others. I had a bit of a go at one as my father in law wasn't given breakfast which he has to have with his regular medication. Might have been some communication issues as he needed his dentures (which were there). Who knows. Every couple of days the staff seems to change so there is little or no continuity. Agency staff perhaps. A few days ago one nurse approached him with a syringe and needle and another nurse shouted "no, not him, the other one!" I see visitors using the hand gels but the excellent nurse is the only member of staff I've seen using it. Even nurses coming in for night shift do not use them. Why isn't there a matron to kick these people for being sloppy? I see one doctor who walks around constantly with his pen in his mouth, the thick idiot.

Found out today my father in law has a bladder infection. Few days ago apparently his kidneys stopped functioning though now they are working normally. The excellent nurse said it seemed that the nurses there the previous day hadn't monitored his water intake. After a few days in hospital he's now on a drip as he is dehydrated! After all that has been said in the news regarding that poor guy who was killed due to dehydration, dimwits don't register that is one thing that needs monitoring. Seems there is a culture of assumption in that hospital as well.

Who knows what is causing this mental state he is in? I would understand if he has been given strong medication but that's not the case.

My local Budgens has bowls of water out in the street for dogs in case they get thirsty while their owners are in the supermarket. And yet it's too much to expect for a patient in the hospital. My sisters in law are spending many hours in the hospital to make sure their dad actually gets food and water. You know, because it takes a medical expert to realise that human beings require water.