Main Menu

Panini Marvel UK prints

Started by Something Fishy, 20 August, 2005, 02:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Something Fishy

Has anyone taken a look at some of the "Marvel Collectors Edition" stuff?

I have not read any Marvel in years (being into the more adult stuff) but my son has recently got into Comcs (F4 and Spidey at the mo) so we went into town to look for some comics (good for him to want to be reading).

We got a few and i have to say they are not bad. Decent quality reprints with some good content.

Anyone else got an opinion on this stuff?

Max Kon

I read 'Wolverine and deadpool' and 'Batman Ledgends'. They are the two darkest of the titles, and i've had all the letters i sent printed by W&D :D

Artificial Idiot

I actually have a letter printed in Batman Legends.. But stopped buying it awhile ago as... Well, it was just getting really crap. I picked up the start of War Games a few weeks ago... Nothing's changed really.

VampiraJen

i'm rather enjoying batman ledgends.  it's just started the war games, but i know nothing about it so cant tell if it's good or not yet  i read the x-men one as well, which i'm really enjoying at the mo.  it's the grant morrison/claremont's x-tream stuff that's getting printed at the mo.  but everything i've mentioned is nothing you couldn't find down the local comic shop in GN format.  

can we assume the las already reads 2000ad?

Something Fishy

yeah true.. but we don't have a GN shop within a hundred miles, so this stuff is ace for those of us stuck on the celtic fringe (away for the civilised world).

VampiraJen

i know.  i live on an island, which i why i subscribe to batman and x-men.

Something Fishy

ah, you know exactly what it feels like to be  detached from comicdom.

What Island are you on?

i may well look to sub myself.

sorry.. didn't respond to something you said.  (i had had a beer and the brain was a bit slow).  My lad isn't really into tooth yet.  Seems a lot keener on the super hero stuff.  I leave it out for him to glance at  but he doesn't seem to enjoy reading it yet.

therev

I got the Howard The Duck Marvel Essential Collection thing. It's great even printed on **** quality paper like Tooth used to be in the mid-80's!

Something Fishy

great stuff.  didn't know they were doing Howard The Duck.

starscape

I really enjoy the Mighty World of Marvel myself.  Classic Daredevil and Hulk with a guest spot that's featured the likes of Captain Britain, Ghost Rider and Steranko's Fury.

Chris

Link: http://mightyworldofmarvel.co.uk" target="_blank">Marvel UK fansite

Something Fishy

That is one of the ones we picked up.  Nice comic.  Has Captain Britain, DareDevil and Hulk this month, nice mix of stories for my lad and me.

cheers for the link.

VampiraJen

can we assume the las already reads 2000ad?

ah, yes, i did mean laD....

What Island are you on?

Tiree, the neighbour of oblivion...............http://www.dumfries-and-galloway.co.uk/maps/images/map-sco.gif">

Trout

That map mis-spells "Kirkcaldy".

- Pedantic Trout

VampiraJen

and to think, i went out of my way to use a map that didn't misspell tiree.  but then thought i was being daft as no one would look that closely.  ha!

Trout

I didn't look closely.

I just notice these things, sadly. :-)

- Trout