Main Menu

Y : The Last Man

Started by Something Fishy, 26 August, 2005, 06:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Something Fishy

I bougt the first few trade paperbacks of this and then kind of forgot about it.

Am tempted to buy one again.  Is anyone reading it? Is it still good? Most importantly , is the story going anywhere or just doing an X-files and dragging on a long as they get sales? (seems to me the sort of title that should have a finite run).

Any info would be good thanks peeps.

ukdane

I get the floppies, and enjoy it a lot. It's one of those comics thats easy to read, and the artwork is easy on the eye, in the same way that I found Preacher to be easy to read and easy on the eye.

I wouldn't say the story is dragging, the characters are definately moving from a to b, however I'm unsure how long some of the themes can continue to be repeated, which I feel they are sometimes.

I'd recommend it.

What I can't recall is if there is a finite end planned for this series, or is it ongoing with no planned end?
Cheers

-Daney

Something Fishy

Thanks Dane, much appreciated.

Maybe i shall give book 4 a look.

Out of interest, have you been reading Fabels at all? is that any good (another one i forgot about)?

Satanist

I've been buying this since day one. I feel it is a bit stretched (also see Walking Dead) but am still enjoying it. There's been a few revelations lately like why exactly he's the only male survivor.

Also its one of the few titles my wife also reads though I don't know if that's a recommendation or not.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Something Fishy

hmm.. now i'm not so sure.. any chance you could email me why he is the only survivor and save me buying the books? (maybe buy some other stuff instead).

Satanist

I'll email so if you really want to know check that in about 5.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Something Fishy

Thank you for that, most appreciated.  Not what i had expected at all.

DavidXBrunt

Faebles continues to be great stuff and has progressed and moved on and changed and developed and is constantly moving forwards. Whether there's a definitive end in sight I don't know but it's never the same set up at the end of one collection to the next.

In recent issues several major characters have left/been forced from Fabletown changing the status quo there and we've learnt the identity of The Adversary and are about to learn his motives.

But then this book is perfect for me but probably not for most. There's a hardback graphic novel in the pipeline and a spin off book about Jack (I think) coming along as well.

Something Fishy

UXF: any chance you could help me on that one mate?  perhaps email me who the adversary was, would be interested to know.  Thanks for the info.

Something Fishy

ahh.. no need UXF, i just found a site all about it.

ukdane

Yeah, I'm still reading Fables. And enjoying it. Although I get the floppies, I'm not reading them until the storyline is complete, as I do with lot's of Veritgo books.

I'd be hard pressed to choose which of the two books I'd rather read.
Cheers

-Daney

Something Fishy

doh.. i could end up having to buy both.

I could just toss a coin i guess.

Something Fishy

Floppies.. no chance of getting those, comic shops are a very very distant concept.

ukdane

well, they're even further here.

Subscribe or use mail order.
Most comic shops will send out your "subscribed comics" once a month.

I used to use FP in Manchester, but shortly after moving to DK, I changed  to Comic Biz

Link: http://www.comic-biz.com/contents.asp?mscssid=8RKQCKD5PRMF8JGJ9WBP0LUFQ9CT747F" target="_blank">CB

Cheers

-Daney

Something Fishy

Thanks Dane'O ,  i shall take a look at them and maybe start with one sub and see how it goes.