Main Menu

Blood Bowl - PC

Started by Something Fishy, 07 July, 2009, 07:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Something Fishy

Anyone tried this yet?

Only available via an (over priced it must be said) download at the mo.

It's a great game.

SamuelAWilkinson

Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

ThryllSeekyr

Well, what a coin-incidence.

//http://www.2000adonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=24211&p=417346&hilit=blood+bowl#p417346

You, were saying so a while back.

This looks like another good reason to purchase a Playstation Three.

Though, I was owndering if it's for PC as ell.

Not that I think it would run on my machine. I couldn't even get the "Dawn of War Two" demo to work.

zombemybabynow

Damn looks fantastic - sure i used to play this on a board at lunch breaks back in 1987?!
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

ThryllSeekyr

After re-reading my old post and the offical website. I now realise that it definaitly looks like this won't be going on to any console.

Though I will cross my fingers and hope.

I used to play the table top version with friends years ago. In a era, not far from the last days of High school, which almost seems like life-time right now.

It's hard to tell how my former Blood-Bowlers would take to this game in this very modern medium.

Sure, they love computer/video games, but nothing beats the social advantages of swearing, pointing the finger at, jostling each other, while quaffiing burbon & coke, beer, and pizza, while rolling dice, moving painted minis around a polysterene board in real time.

What the single-player portion of this game might offer in terms of graphics, the new innovative ways of commanding the pixelated version of a team from the Classic Warhammer universe is hard to beat also. Partically if a computer happens to be more convenient.

zombemybabynow

It's brought back memories of another table top round-based game called 'car wars' i think?

getting a car, putting shielding and weapons on it and trying to take out your opponents via the roll of a D20?!

all of this on 2-d small cardboard bits the size of acid tabs!

anyone else remember this one?
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

ThryllSeekyr

Quoteby zombemybabynow on Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:17 pm....

I think have heard of it or was that Robot wars.

Anyway table-top board games that I have played other than Blood Bowl that have been adapted as computer games are:-

"ADAVANCED DUNGEONS & DRAGONS"
 I remember being thrilled at loading up "Pool of Radience" on the C64 for the first time and then acouple years later "Balders Gate" which by then, despite obvious improvements. Was pretty ho-hum. Dedicated gamers were only to well aware that this new computer medium destroyed the role-playing element that they found essential to these games.

"MAGIC The GATHERING"
I'm impressed with this move from a collecterable card game to computer game with a expansion or two. There were few Magic The gathering computer games, but only one of them was direct translation of the card game. Which I can only guess destorys the collectable portion of the game when you could possibly use any card available any time you requested a random deck of cards. great game and I'm only soryy I never purchased this one. Perhaps STEAM might pick this one up.

Sadly there are only to of these board/table top dice games that have seen both worlds and I can only imagine the possibilites of adapting another popular non-collectable card game known "GRASS" Yeah, perhaps the association with a mostly
illegal product is not going to get the same coverage as the other two games. Then again, when you consider thet amount of sex and voilence that has become more apart of the games of today. You never know. This might be recognised and picked up.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: "zombemybabynow"It's brought back memories of another table top round-based game called 'car wars' i think?

getting a car, putting shielding and weapons on it and trying to take out your opponents via the roll of a D20?!

all of this on 2-d small cardboard bits the size of acid tabs!

Yup!

It was always annoying that the 'board'- or 'sheet of paper' as we call it in the trade, never sat properly because it was, well, a folded up sheet of paper.
Still- I remember having a lot of fun playing it at the time...

Something Fishy

Thrillseeker: it is going to console.  PSP and DS + 360 in september over here (the former are out in Germany already).

ThryllSeekyr

I just remembered "SPACE HULK" was another board and minatures game that played much like "BLOOD BOWL"
I can't discern between wether more time was spent playing one or the other. The same bloke and two other guys brought both games. So we had two playing boards for each game making playing area bigger by combining the boards.

I have the original DOS version of "SPACE HUILK". Being slightly different from the board version. You assign a  weapon to your Space marines and can move them anumber of times. It was all turned based and after you finished your go,It would all play out and nobody on your team would fall if they were all positioned precisely. The there was updated version of the very same game a few years later.

belrion1166

Cheapest Gold @ www.Belrion.com
10kGold for 76usd !
While Stock Last ^^
Paypal World Seller + Macfee Secured Site ^^
USE WOW GOLD COUPON CODE for 5% Bonus : WOW1166

Dunk!

Car Wars was the RPG by the American Steve Jackson - not the one of Fighting Fantasy fame.

The GamesWorkshop car game was Battle Cars and i have very fond memories of it.

Except if you got the one car with space for double machine guns and no missiles which was shite.
"Trust we"

IAMTHESYSTEM

Games Workshop has such a massive library of stuff they'll be bringing out games till doomsday. I think there's an upcoming Space marine game that looks a bit like 'Gears of War' meets 'Lord of the Rings'. Wild.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

ThryllSeekyr

"Blood Bowl" for DOS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl_(1995_video_game)

Looks interesting enough, I wonder if STEAM have this?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: swimini tulkas on 10 July, 2009, 08:30:04 AM

The GamesWorkshop car game was Battle Cars and i have very fond memories of it.

Battle Cars was splendid -- very simple but effective rules (apart from the collision rules, which were stupid but took all of five minutes to re-write), easy set up and a huge amount of fun to play.

Even better than White Dwarf's "Sleigh Wars" ...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.