Main Menu

2000AD Lego builds

Started by ming, 10 February, 2014, 02:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 18 December, 2020, 09:56:53 AM
ming that is awesome, saw your work in the letters page as well.

No these are more than awesome. They are Mega-awesome!

Judge Olde

Are these still ongoing or have you moved onto something else now?

Sodoshi

Started with Technic, but I saw a build by James, and I was quite inspired. Bought an AnyCubic 3d printer to make some custom Dredd minifigs, and I'm having a lot of fun creating crossover vignettes. Chromed bricks on order, and I'm starting work on a Mega-City One build. (Pre-Apocalypse War)

Original Technic version:

James inspired:

Robocop crossover:

Stargate crossover:

(Bigger versions on my flickr.)

Hope you like!

Colin YNWA

Well that is a magnificent way to introduce yourself to the forum!

They are aces.

broodblik

Awesome Sodoshi and welcome to the forum
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

The Legendary Shark

Wonderful - and welcome.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Trooper McFad

Excellent stuff & welcome Sodoshi
I look forward to future creations
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Sodoshi

Started making an Trexler Marauder over the weekend, but suddenly got side-tracked. :)

IndigoPrime

Those Lawmaster builds really bring across its two-wheeled tank nature. I was wondering, though, about something a bit smaller in scale. For years, Lego bikes have been massively oversized, but the new 'The Batman' range is bringing into being ones that, while still too bit for a standard minifig, look like they could be modded into a Lawmaster quite well:

76179:

76183:

Sodoshi

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 14 March, 2022, 08:35:10 AM
something a bit smaller in scale

I'm going to pop to Smyths in my lunch, pick up a 76179 to play with!

Because Batman/Dredd crossovers are fun anyway!

ming

Ooh, I've neglected this stuff for too long!  I've been sidetracked by various other things in the last year or so (mainly linocut work) but have been meaning to wheel Torque-Armada out again for another session, plus a few other smaller things I've had in mind.  Just a matter of time and hopefully I'll get something ready for the next Christmas Prog (sad to have dropped the ball and missed the last one but I just didn't have time to devote to this last year).

Sodoshi - love the custom Judge minifig; looking forward to seeing more!

ming

I've been sidetracked by various other things over the past couple of years but started chipping away at Torque-Armada again over the summer.  The first pic is still as far as I've got with the upper section (various additional parts are at various stages) but I decided to focus on the ship feet instead of getting stuck in a rut with the top.  Some of the things I have to figure out are stupidly complex, even something as relatively simple as a big wheel...  Now I've at least got a wheel done I can try and build the rest of the foot.  Anyway, assuming my laptop doesn't melt I'll try and make occasional progress with this loony thing.

Barrington Boots

Bloody hell. That is INCREDIBLE.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Dash Decent

Fantastic work as always, Ming.  That top section looks great.  The eyes and frown are spot-on.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.