Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Richard Elson or Carlos Ezquerra - Artists Ryder Cup Current vs Classic - Tie 24  (Read 880 times)

Funt Solo

• Bionic Fingers
  • Research Monkey
    • View Profile
...do we have to like all artists?

It's political correctness gone mad.
++ map ++ thrills ++ coma ++

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • testing testing...
    • View Profile
No but you can express your dislike constructively or couch it in subjectivity a tad more tactfully. But on the whole this isn’t a place to be negative. For example instead of saying ‘this cover is crap’ it would be better to say ‘it dosent work for me, I think the colours / style / figurework / perspective/ whatever isn’t great’.  People often say they don’t like stories in the prog reviews but nobody needs to call anything ‘awful’ like a clarion cry.

It’s just the vibe here. There are FB groups where people can do that negative opinions thing the internet loves to deal in.

100% and entirely this. Thanks BPP.

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
'nobody needs to call anything ‘awful’ like a clarion cry.' *

*except for mark millar's work, though, it seems ...

Funt Solo

• Bionic Fingers
  • Research Monkey
    • View Profile
I think I wrote some of the worst 2000 AD stories ever.

- Mark Millar, Megazine #323
++ map ++ thrills ++ coma ++

judgeurko

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
Carlos Ezquerra 5 Richard Elson 0.

Elson is awful.

Elson 5 : 0 Ezquerra

Ezquerra is awful.

There. Now we're both making equal amounts of sense.

For the terminally dim:  I don't think any of the artists are awful. I'm making a broader point.
No we are not. I am giving my opinion. Not sure what your broader point is, do we have to like all artists?

No but you can express your dislike constructively or couch it in subjectivity a tad more tactfully. But on the whole this isn’t a place to be negative. For example instead of saying ‘this cover is crap’ it would be better to say ‘it dosent work for me, I think the colours / style / figurework / perspective/ whatever isn’t great’.  People often say they don’t like stories in the prog reviews but nobody needs to call anything ‘awful’ like a clarion cry.

It’s just the vibe here. There are FB groups where people can do that negative opinions thing the internet loves to deal in.
It wasn't a clarion call.

Tjm86

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
'nobody needs to call anything ‘awful’ like a clarion cry.' *

*except for mark millar's work, though, it seems ...

Actually I think you will find that Millar's Tooth work is more of a euphemism for "so utterly crap you want to gouge out your eyes with a melon-baller and drive an ice-pick through each socket ..."

So I suppose you're right on one level.  Not needed really ...