Main Menu

Richard Elson or Carlos Ezquerra - Artists Ryder Cup Current vs Classic - Tie 24

Started by Colin YNWA, 03 June, 2021, 06:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Quote from: BPP on 08 June, 2021, 05:49:32 PM
No but you can express your dislike constructively or couch it in subjectivity a tad more tactfully. But on the whole this isn't a place to be negative. For example instead of saying 'this cover is crap' it would be better to say 'it dosent work for me, I think the colours / style / figurework / perspective/ whatever isn't great'.  People often say they don't like stories in the prog reviews but nobody needs to call anything 'awful' like a clarion cry.

It's just the vibe here. There are FB groups where people can do that negative opinions thing the internet loves to deal in.

100% and entirely this. Thanks BPP.

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

'nobody needs to call anything 'awful' like a clarion cry.' *

*except for mark millar's work, though, it seems ...

Funt Solo

QuoteI think I wrote some of the worst 2000 AD stories ever.

- Mark Millar, Megazine #323
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

judgeurko

Quote from: BPP on 08 June, 2021, 05:49:32 PM
Quote from: judgeurko on 08 June, 2021, 04:00:04 PM
Quote from: Funt Solo on 03 June, 2021, 06:47:33 PM
Quote from: judgeurko on 03 June, 2021, 01:28:41 PM
Carlos Ezquerra 5 Richard Elson 0.

Elson is awful.

Elson 5 : 0 Ezquerra

Ezquerra is awful.

There. Now we're both making equal amounts of sense.

For the terminally dim:  I don't think any of the artists are awful. I'm making a broader point.
No we are not. I am giving my opinion. Not sure what your broader point is, do we have to like all artists?

No but you can express your dislike constructively or couch it in subjectivity a tad more tactfully. But on the whole this isn't a place to be negative. For example instead of saying 'this cover is crap' it would be better to say 'it dosent work for me, I think the colours / style / figurework / perspective/ whatever isn't great'.  People often say they don't like stories in the prog reviews but nobody needs to call anything 'awful' like a clarion cry.

It's just the vibe here. There are FB groups where people can do that negative opinions thing the internet loves to deal in.
It wasn't a clarion call.

Tjm86

Quote from: The Mind of Wolfie Smith on 08 June, 2021, 08:44:15 PM
'nobody needs to call anything 'awful' like a clarion cry.' *

*except for mark millar's work, though, it seems ...

Actually I think you will find that Millar's Tooth work is more of a euphemism for "so utterly crap you want to gouge out your eyes with a melon-baller and drive an ice-pick through each socket ..."

So I suppose you're right on one level.  Not needed really ...