Main Menu

Moses Incident vs No-Go Job - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Long: Game 15

Started by Colin YNWA, 23 August, 2021, 06:29:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Last week of the Groups in Qualifying - next week with a fair wind we'll be into the play-off for the final places in the tourney proper

The Moses Incident vs The No-Go Job - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Long: Game 21

The two ties today will decide Group 2 of the Long region qualifying. This one is pretty close and as such any one of three thrill could clinch it when these last two ties are over

All you need to worry about which is your favourite between:

The Moses Incident - more info

Vs

The No-Go Job - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite of these two stories at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easy) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Thursday 26th August and the winner (I'll count up who gets the most votes basically) gets 3 points towards qualifying... huh...

... there's a spreadsheet to make following easier... if you fancy. If not, don't worry just VOTE!!!!

What on Earth is all this?

Why on Tharg's Earth head are we doing this?

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Oh and my 'More info' links... well I don't say how much more and they get pretty wonky at times!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Rogue Judge

The Moses Incident

Interesting that Malak Brood impacts each of the stories in this match-up.

AlexF

Barrington Boots

It certainly is a Brood-y match up and I'm going for The Moses Incident here.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Buttonman

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Colin YNWA

Final call on this one as this group wraps up tomorrow morning when I count up. So if you fancy a vote slip it in quickly now.

Now this one is a bit tricky as I do really like the No-Go Job the art, the punch in the story really added the punch to a series I thought was struggling a little to find anything new to to. It also set up the potential of things to come, even if that potential was a little squandered. Its a shame that it comes up against a story from the series at it peak and a thrill that helps define Strontium Dog as a favourite thrill for so many. on that basis:

The Moses Incident

Leigh S

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

So no real surprise here as The Moses Incident - which I expected to snatch this Group - taking this tie. The result of today's other tie will likely decide the winner however. Can this result secure 2nd place and a place in the play-offs and a chance of the tourney? Poor ol' No-Go Job had some loyal support and is popular with me but struggled against some very popular thrills.

The Moses Incident

Group 2                                Points   Vote Diff   
The Moses Incident             6                 6
Incident on Mayger Minor     6                10
The Rammy                             3                 8
The No-Go Job                     0               -18