Main Menu

Royal Affair vs Schicklgruber Grab - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Long Game 23

Started by Colin YNWA, 26 August, 2021, 06:44:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Last week of the Groups in Qualifying - next week with a fair wind we'll be into the play-off for the final places in the tourney proper

The Royal Affair vs The Schicklgruber Grab - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Long Game 23

Last two ties in the Epic Region today and all these stories really do define what being an Epic in the world of Johnny Alpha is all about in their own unique ways. Mind only one will qualify and one will make the Play-offs so thinking caps on...

All you need to worry about which is your favourite between:

The Royal Affair - more info

Vs

The Schicklgruber Grab - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite of these two stories at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easy) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Sunday 29th August and the winner (I'll count up who gets the most votes basically) gets 3 points towards qualifying... huh...

... there's a spreadsheet to make following easier... if you fancy. If not, don't worry just VOTE!!!!

What on Earth is all this?

Why on Tharg's Earth head are we doing this?

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Oh and my 'More info' links... well I don't say how much more and they get pretty wonky at times!

AlexF

Duckworth jokes vs Hitler jokes - both have merit, but for me they're both slight Strontium Dog fare. I'm gonna go with
The Schiklgruber Grab

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Barrington Boots

I really like Royal Affair despite it's slightness, but here I'm going with The Schiklgruber Grab
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Funt Solo

The Schiklgruber Grab is kind of the template for how good a Strontium Dog tale can be.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Colin YNWA

Just one more day of ... well at least the first stage of this nonsense.... get those last votes in today and I'll close this thing down in the morning.

Its not a close call this one is it. I mean they only reason I can think to vote for The Royal Affair is its a damned sight easier to spell than

Schicklgruber Grab

Rogue Judge

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

So here we are the last day of the group stage, of the qualifying stage of the tourney... and people say I've made this too complex! To be honest in Group 3 of the Long region (complex ha!) its all been very straightforward (apart from spelling) and

Schicklgruber Grab

Has taken this tie and the Group in the most simple manner.

Points    Vote Diff   
The Schicklgruber Grab         9                19
Big Bust of 49                          3                 1
The Kid-Knee Caper               1                 -6
The Royal Affair                      1                -14