Main Menu

Traitor to his kind vs. Moses Incident - Bolt-01 Cup - Group 4 Game 4

Started by Colin YNWA, 23 September, 2021, 06:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Another group where the wins of the first round of matches have been kept apart - bit of a theme here, so we'll see how much we know by the end of second round of matches in Group 4. This one could be decided early (except for the winner) but there are some meat ties here so we'll see how straightforward this is...

All you need to worry about which is your favourite between:

Traitor to his Kind - more info

Vs

The Moses Incident - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite of these two stories at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early* on the morning of Sunday 26th September and the winner (I'll count up who gets the most votes basically) gets 3 points towards qualifying... huh...

*Well actually I'm due to be away so this one might be a bit late when it comes to getting the results up... we'll see...

... there's a spreadsheet to make following easier... if you fancy. If not, don't worry just VOTE!!!!

I've tried to explain the finals here.

What on Earth is ALL of this?

Why on Tharg's Earth head are we doing this?

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Oh and my 'More info' links... well I don't say how much more and they get pretty wonky at times!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

sheridan

AlexF

I don't think I've voted for it once so far, but in this titanic tussle, I'm going with the Moses Incident.
I remember Traitor begin super thirlling at the time it came out, but on a re-read it lacked a certain something, and I much preferred follow-up the Glum Affair.

Leigh S

Moses Incident

Traitor is good and all, and a peak of "modern" Stront, but it can't compete with the wild ride that is MI

Colin YNWA

Not quite sure how this will go. But we have a day to find out. Get ya votes in and I'll count when I'm home tomorrow.

My this one is tough. The Moses Incident is a classic. I thought it would romp ties and jog to the later rounds... what do I know. And you know here while its a great story the intensity of

Traitor to his Kind

really carries that thrill home.

Buttonman

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Well if the other tie closing today in this group was call one way, this one was just the opposite and a bit of a classic. Traitor went three up, then Moses pulled it back to level pegging, before they traded blows and in the end this one wnet to...

no one.

DRAW

Which given the final round of ties sets up a fascinating battle for the second spot in the final round of games next week!

Group 4 going into the final round of games

Points   Votes Diff
Rage                                  6             14
Traitor to his kind            4               5
The Moses Incident         1              -4
Beast of Milton Keynes   0              -15

There might seem like there's a big swing required between 2nd and 3rd... well there is... but the remaining matches mean that is entirely possible and while 1st seems nailed on the runners up slot hangs in the balance.