Main Menu

BBC Confirm Doctor Who's new assistant....

Started by ukdane, 04 July, 2007, 08:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoD

SJ Adventures has been great (and scarier in places than Who).  Mini-WoD declared it better than Dr Who the other day - I think due to the faster pacing, more action for the kids and less exposition.  Forget some of the plot holes (and the over acting from SJ herself - the kids are much better) and you have a good program.  The one where SJ was removed from the time-line not only had the Graske in it, but also one of Who's scariest looking monsters ever - The Trickster - can't find an image though!

WoD

Found this one, but it doesn't do it justicehttp://www.bbc.co.uk/sja/images/alienfiles/big/trickster.jpg">

vzzbux

At least this one is lasting longer than the original SJ/K9 spinoff.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

DavidXBrunt

Only gormless Marias dad referred to yon chappie as The Trickster. It's worth noting that he shares a lot of his M.O., and quotes dialogue, from The Black Guardian. Could they be one and the same?

Leigh S

I enjoyed the SJA stuff over the Dcotor Who, though (especially the last story) it shared a lot of the same faults.  Maybe free of Tennants WACaday routine, and the Rosell T Tyler guff, I could learn to overlook the nonsense bits of the new approach... maybe not, but even so, it did seem less pretentious and/or less smug than the main show...

That said I really cant see how some mad things get through (presumably) numerous drafts of these scripts.... SPOILERS....

What the hell was Mr Smiths plan all about in that last story - letting Luke get captured in order that he'll escape? Hmmmm

Still, the Gorgon one, and the "whatever happened to" were pretty decent for what they were.

WoD

As 'kids' shows I thought they were all OK, and better than a lot of the Dr Who stuff.  

Adrian Bamforth

Doctor Who would have been a lot better I think if it had gone through the quality control filter that children's drama has to go through. Kids' drama has to stand up well against Box Of Delights, The Machine Gunners et al, or at least be about something. Saturday night entertainment only has to stand up to Noels House Party.

Mardroid

That whole K9 knitting a black hole together with his tail thing was silly though. If they don't want the robot dog as a permanent charcter, surely they could have come up with something better than that.

Floyd-the-k

I'm a traitor to the Crown but like Billie. Where does this leave me?

Robin Low

When is SJA on? I saw the pilot, but wasn't aware the series had actually happened.

Regards

Robin

WoD

It just finished!  I think it was on Monday on BBC1 with repeats on CBBC.

Lobo Baggins

It just finished! I think it was on Monday on BBC1 with repeats on CBBC.

BBC1 at 5pm followed by a new episode on CBBC at 5.30 every Monday (which is admittedly a damn inconvenient time for us grown ups).

I strongly suspect that they're going to devote a day on CBBC to repeats over the Christmas Holidays, though.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.