Main Menu

League Of ExtraOrdinary Gentlemen Volume 2 - Part 4.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 31 December, 2002, 05:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidXBrunt

'All Creatures Great and Small' is on sale now. There was some confusion as to when it was coming out, so if you were looking for it late January it might well have sold out by then.

Leigh S

And darn fine it is too - just in time to fill the long gap between starting back to work and the next prog.  

Mangamax

What a stonka! Alan Moore, Kevin O'Neil, War Machines on the rampage. All this and rumpy pumpy too. Can't wait for the next chapter
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Leigh S

But have you seen the pics of the film in this months SFX - oh dear......

Mangamax

No. Are they very bad? Who's in the pics?

JimBob

Nemo looks like a blue suited department store santa in a turban giving it kung fu moves.  Not good, especially as I love the comic and like the old skool Nemo within it's pages.

DavidXBrunt

Interestinhly the 'old skool' Nemo is in fact a revision. When Nemo first appeared there was no mention of his etnicity. Illustrations in some editions show him as a white man in fact. It was only in subsequant appearances that he was revealed to be Indian.

Not that that's meant to be a correction of what you said, just an observation.

JimBob

Thats interesting, I know Nemo appeared in a few Verne books, was he a white man throughout or did he "become" Indian in one of Vernes books?

DavidXBrunt

He wasn't described in his first showing. He was closely described in a later book. Name escapes me.

Last of the V8's

God, this issue rocks!!!!!!!!!!!
Havn't had this much excitement turning the page for ages.

Devons Daddy

ok chaps lets not forget to say SPOILERS before posting the plot. some of us have to wait a couple of weeks for it to arrive in asia.

but on a related question.
anyone know the basis for the movie?
are we now reading the movie version or it set in the first volume format.
any scheduled realease dates mentioned?
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Mangamax

Nah, the movie is using the premise and the characters (plus Dorian Grey and Tom Sawyer) but will have a new story - something about a bad guy called the Phantom trying to coerce countrys in to a world war