Main Menu

CLiNT

Started by Pauul, 25 August, 2010, 07:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Hedmark

Van Dom: Thanks! Still getting used to the coloring thing.

I played around with the colors some more I thought since I'm using a bright color pallet for the back grounds I should really go for it after all it is an alien planet. also I darkened the characters so they'd pop from the background.

Pauul

QuoteYou may want to be careful - for instance Tharg despises multiple submissions. In reading this thread, sounds like you've written quite a few scripts for this one mag. There's that old saying 'quality over quantity' - take your best shot instead of working against yourself by increasing the size of ye olde slush pile.

No, I do agree. But the fact that CLiNT, 2000AD and other publications require 5-page submissions means that I can write a few before being entirely sure where to send them. Plus, until about a couple of weeks ago I was a student so I had plenty of time on my hands. Most of my scripts have been written and rewritten a number of times.

Pauul

Well, since I currently have four stand-alone strips which nobody is working on, Ive made a start on some continuing characters. Some of these ideas I've had for a while, so it should be fun to get them down on paper.

If there are any artists out there who want to take a look at my other Space Oddities strips, let me know. After all, I must have some talent if a great artist like Mr. Hedmark wants to work with me :P

Mardroid

I have an idea for an ongoing character idea too. It's actually a group of characters rather than one so I'm not sure how that will clash with the brief. Can't hurt to try I guess.

Pauul

What you can always try and do is focus on one character from the group (which you'd likely have to do in a story anyway). That way, even if you have other superpowered characters (for example) then they're still just supporting cast members.

Mardroid

That makes sense. Thank you for the advice.

Pauul

Well, work continues on my CLiNT submissions.

'The Spire' is currently being coloured and page 1 is really looking great. The excellent Michael Rayner has taken over from Dave and is doing a great job.

I'm also working with some other people off the board.

David Blankley (better known as batteredbug) and I are working on a strip called 'Instincts' which is almost completed. He's done an incredible job and it's amazing how fast he's put everything together - pencils, inks, colours and lettering.

Panos Kamoulakos has done some great concept art for 'Monster'.

Also, Witold Trzcionka (3ciona) has managed to complete the pencils for a strip called 'The Overseer' in less than a week.

I'm also working with some guys off the Millarworld board on a complete strip called 'Born to Serve' and an ongoing superhero strip called 'Mega Force'.

The first one is being inked while the second is just at the concept phase - but the character designs look absolutely beautiful.

I've been really lucky to work with such talented people. I hope all the strips find homes in CLiNT or elsewhere.

Pauul

My god... I actually did it... I've submitted something to CLiNT.

I'd like to thank 3ciona for his great work.

I really hope this strip gets picked up.

Follow the link and scroll down (submission by Paul Penna).

http://forums.millarworld.tv/index.php?/topic/95561-space-oddities-submissions-thread/page__st__80

Emperor

Good stuff - that is lovely work from 3ciona (excellent use of strong colours really set off the quality linework). Good luck.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Pauul

Hmmm. Someone just sent me a PM congratulating me on the soccer twist.

If anyone is confused, there are multiple submission on that page.

Mine is the one titled 'Overseer'.

Van Dom

Nice work Paul. And great art by 3ciona. Good luck with it dude!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

TordelBack

Good stuff Pauul and 3ciona.  A perfect Future Sh... errr, Space Oddity.

(That soccer one is good too, if predictable).

Pauul

And up goes 'Instincts' by me and David Blankley aka Batteredbug aka Conceptboy.

http://forums.millarworld.tv/index.php?/topic/95561-space-oddities-submissions-thread/page__st__80

Let me know what you guys think.

Emperor

Seems some the winners from in the second batch of Space Oddities haven't been contacted and are ready to jump ship:

www.bleedingcool.com/2012/03/15/clint-strip-finds-a-new-home/
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Alski

Quote from: Pauul on 07 March, 2011, 10:26:45 PM
And up goes 'Instincts' by me and David Blankley aka Batteredbug aka Conceptboy.

Let me know what you guys think.

It was okay, better than most of the others there. Not too keen on the art, but that's my own personal taste.
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/