Main Menu

Prog 2195 - Master of Puppets

Started by Tjm86, 15 August, 2020, 06:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McNulty

[spoiler]I'm calling it now, Judge Giant is going to do something soon that saves everyone. We've had the Sovs and Ichabod both saying how useless and unnecessary he is. That's blatant foreshadowing.[/spoiler]

Sorry it anyone has said this before.

Magnetica

Did no-one get the cover tag line reference?

Dandontdare

Jim_Campbell

I just wish I could stop mis-reading this thread title as "Master of Puppies".
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

CalHab

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 25 August, 2020, 03:51:27 PM
I just wish I could stop mis-reading this thread title as "Master of Puppies".

Pastor of Muppets

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Magnetica on 25 August, 2020, 11:47:29 AM
Did no-one get the cover tag line reference?

I know it's a Metallica song anyway.  Possibly an album too?  I'm not too well up on their music.  Roxilla used to like them, though - I was saddened to hear years later that all she really was was Igor Goldkind.  Or was it Alan McKenzie?

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Magnetica

It's both. Master of Puppets is generally*considered to be their best album. But really I was referring to the song, which contains the line "master of puppets, I'm pulling your strings".

* Based on comments on Metallica Facebook pages anyway.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Magnetica on 25 August, 2020, 07:19:38 PM
It's both. Master of Puppets is generally*considered to be their best album. But really I was referring to the song, which contains the line "master of puppets, I'm pulling your strings".

* Based on comments on Metallica Facebook pages anyway.

Fair enough. My earliest memory of Metallica is of a t shirt someone had in my primary school that read 'Metallica : Metal Up your Ass'. I believe that was the original title of the Black Album. It even showed a sword coming up out of a toilet if memory serves, which it may not
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JOE SOAP

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 25 August, 2020, 10:47:30 PM
Fair enough. My earliest memory of Metallica is of a t shirt someone had in my primary school that read 'Metallica : Metal Up your Ass'. I believe that was the original title of the Black Album. It even showed a sword coming up out of a toilet if memory serves, which it may not

'twas the original title of their first album, Kill 'em All, but the Producer convinced them distributors might not stock the associated cover.

Colin YNWA

And I'm back in the game. This one didn't land. I was patient but didn't come so contact the shop and we're on. Does mean I've got 3 Progs to read (was able to read 2196 of course) but since todays sub copy hasn't landed at least means I've got to spread things out so should avoid TPO as I've decided to read them one a day.

Anyway to matters more important the Prog itself.

Dredd - solid transition, or bridging episode nothing more and if I'm honest wasn't too impressed with 'DEATH IS ON LUNA ONE' was kinda a shoulder shrug - so? moment.

The Out - brilliant as ever really. Not much else to say the impact of resurrection was profoundly played out.

Sinister Dexter - Arh stop chunking this story up already. This was a great episode but format is killing the momentum a little. I got the impression this was meant to be the EPIC (see caps mean I'm shouting it to show how excited I was at the prospect) Sinister Dexter so richly deserves but this served just to bridge between what's gone before and what Billi's bringing to drive us to the next part. Mind at least its not far off and stuff between Finny and Carrie was delightfully done.

Terror Tales - I little hollow on its own - though Amanda Alsatian made me snort with laughter. This again bridges between what's gone before (sooo long ago) and what might come next... in who knows how long if ever.

The Order -  brilliant as ever. It was so moving in both the Daniel dying (I surely don't need spoiler tags now do I?) way and the metal boat plunging over a waterfall way. The use of white voids for both very effective and Daniel's life flashing before him was really affecting. Just fantastic stuff and with a title like 'Fantastic Voyage' I can't wait for this one to come back.

Overall though the Prog was a little disappointing. Two standouts the rest felt a little too bridging... one might say this was... ready for it... you can see this coming right... a bridge two (or three) far.