Main Menu

2000AD: Project Sketchbook

Started by ming, 16 November, 2013, 04:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

I'll see your oooh and raise you a whoosh.

Fungus

I feel like ol' Uncle Ump when new sketches appear in this thing! Stick McMahon on the cover!  :o

Spikes

Always great to see more new art from Mick pop up, and good call on asking (or did you leave it to Mick to decide what to draw?) for Uncle Ump.

Just lovely at any rate.

ming

Quote from: Spikes on 09 January, 2016, 11:51:08 AM
Always great to see more new art from Mick pop up, and good call on asking (or did you leave it to Mick to decide what to draw?) for Uncle Ump.

Just lovely at any rate.

Thanks, Iain (and the rest of you).  I asked Mick for Uncle Ump and he was kind enough to go along with it - not a major character but one I've always had a soft spot for.  I think Project Sketchbook is a nice place to revisit some lesser-seen characters so hopefully I'll fill a few more spots with relative obscurities.

Geoff

Great choice with Uncle Ump - that's going to be a lovely piece.

ming

All done - really happy with this one!  Mick really is one in a million.

Geoff

Quote from: Geoff on 11 January, 2016, 08:32:29 PM
Great choice with Uncle Ump - that's going to be a lovely piece.

I was right, it is!  :D

Timothy

ming

Cat Sullivan kindly agreed to do a little something for Project Sketchbook...  He seemed a bit surprised to be asked to participate alongside the 'regular' 2000AD artists but, for me, Droid Life is a wonderful staple of the modern Golden Era Prog.  Anyway, I'm really happy he was up for this (and he seemed particularly impressed by Ian Gibson's contributions).

Hawkmumbler

Thats glorious! I'm with you in your love for Droid Life, Ming. Genius stuff.

Spikes

Indeed. Another cracker. Tharg and Ming should get together and make copies of these sketchbooks once completed...

jannerboyuk

Come on Thargy, get this printed and just take my money gruddamit!

Tjm86

This site needs a petition option!

ming

Hah, thanks for the kind words folks but there are no plans for wider dissemination of Project Sketchbook beyond a compilation .pdf to send out to all contributing artists once it's all done and dusted.

If Tharg wants to put contents from the completed books out there to raise money for charity or something I'd be up for it but to be honest this is just a (slightly mad) personal project and a love letter of sorts to the Galaxy's Greatest Comic.

ming

Liam Sharp did a fantastic Chopper sketch for me at UKCAC '88 and, being a greedy bugger, I shamelessly hurried back 28 years later for a second sketch for Project Sketchbook.  Cheers, Liam!