Main Menu

New Comic Book Day Megathread

Started by The Adventurer, 08 March, 2012, 09:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Adventurer

The printed Seraph of the End schedule wasn't for 5 weeks solid. It was on for two weeks, then took a week break (last week). Now its on a regular 'every other week' schedule until next year, when it goes monthly.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Hawkmumbler

Yeah, just rechecked it now. I'll face palm myself for a while to make up for it.

The Adventurer

My Digital Pulls for the week of 10/30/13

2000AD 1856 - Line up is still pretty solid.
PROPHET 40 - I wonder who all the 'ancient heroes' will be. Probably Extreme characters. But I'm hoping maybe we'll see some Savage Dragon characters!
SAGA 15 - So much about this series is entertaining, its hard to explain in a single line of text.
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 254 - I'm beginning to realize that Archie used World Collide to softboot Sonic. Its literally Sonic Nu52. But not quite as shitty. Its actually quite entertaining. The Freedom Fighters havn't been written out of cannon (which was totally a fear of mine), so that's good news.
THOUGHT BUBBLE ANTHOLOGY 2013 - Getting this for Dredd/Hip Flask. Last year's Anthology was pretty cool in general.
WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP 48 - I almost understand what's going on Bleach right now. I can almost tell who's suppose to be a Soul Reaper and who's suppose to be a Quincy... almost.

Hawkmumbler

Where did you get the Thought Bubble crossover. I thought it was only available on the weekend from the event.

The Adventurer

Um. I was working on the assumption that the Dredd/Hip Flash crossover was in the Thought Bubble Anthology. and that it will be avalible digitally Wednesday. (ComiXology says its shipping in print Wednesday, which usually means day and date digitally too)

If this is not that case. I will be sad sad sad sad sad *forever etc.*

BPP

Image solicited the TB anthology as per any usual comic.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Hawkmumbler

I see! Silly me! 'Face palming continues'

Hawkmumbler

Woohoo! Just downloaded last years! How happy I am. ;)

Link Prime

Some genuine GOOD READING to make its way to my lap later this evening;

Thought Bubble Anthology 3
Saga 15
Edgar Allen Poe's The Raven / Masque of The Red Death (one that Mabs is looking forward to no doubt)
Superior Spider-Man 20

And of course;

Sandman Overture 1 (the preview art of which has made my toenails ingrown)

Davek

Quote from: Link Prime on 30 October, 2013, 11:49:41 AM

Edgar Allen Poe's The Raven / Masque of The Red Death (one that Mabs is looking forward to no doubt)

Got this on the way as well, late comer to Corben's work but I love it. Why does he do so many Poe adaptations though????

Hawkmumbler

Anyone else going to be picking up Images Black Science #1 in November?

The Adventurer

That's the one by Rick Remender, yes? Probably.

Link Prime

Quote from: The Adventurer on 30 October, 2013, 10:04:28 PM
That's the one by Rick Remender, yes? Probably.

Only serves as a remender that I haven't enjoyed his stuff since Uncanny X-Force Vol 1.

The Adventurer

Thank god SOMEBODY FINALLY ACKNOWLEDGED THIS

Hawkmumbler

Wondered if you'd spotted that. I think I said after chapter 2 came out, it seem's like the stereotypical setting of a high school is present but all the cliches are being mocked at the same time. The satire could be a bit stronger mind....