Main Menu

New Comic Book Day Megathread

Started by The Adventurer, 08 March, 2012, 09:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Ace Cop: American Choppers #1: New Axe Cop! Oh yes indeed i'll have some of that!

Saga #19: Finally returns and it's wonderful as ever. What a truly classic series.

Weekly Shonen Jump #15: Did Obama just cameo in Toriko? And Pica's voice gag has to be the funniest thing i've read all week.  :lol:

Link Prime

Busy-ish week with a Meg dropping too;

Unwritten: Apocalypse 5 (Still on my catch-up pile).
Rogue Trooper 4 (A damn shame that this could be the end of a superb reboot. Let's hope not).
Saga 19 (Been ages since the last issue. The trades are such good value I should really switch, but y'know...collectors mentality).
Miracleman 6 (Hilariously, now poly-bagged for the protection of young readers with €6.00 to blow on a reprint from the 80's).
ABC Warriors: The Mek Files 1 HC (Only €30 in Big Bang Comics, great value and I'm dying to pick my copy up).

Mardroid

I was a bit concerned the Mek Files would prove to expensive considering the size and format, but I just did a search using this site and it came up with this.

Hmm. Don't mind if I do.

BPP

Thanks Mandroid, ordered!

For all art-droid fans Prophet 44 this week is a treat - all Dave Taylor art

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=21735
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

JamesC

Quote from: Link Prime on 20 May, 2014, 09:30:11 PM

Rogue Trooper 4 (A damn shame that this could be the end of a superb reboot. Let's hope not).

I really like this series - and not in a 'pretty good for a Rogue Trooper update' way but in a 'this could be the best action comic on the stands' way.
If it ends it'll be a damn shame and I'd love Tharg to call up the creators and see if they can carry on some of their ideas in the prog.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: JamesC on 21 May, 2014, 10:51:48 AM
If it ends it'll be a damn shame and I'd love Tharg to call up the creators and see if they can carry on some of their ideas in the prog.

Be interesting to gauge whether this would be possible. Would there be any rights issues? Would the creators be interested?

Hawkmumbler

I should really start reading IDW's Rogue Trooper. :-\

Link Prime

Quote from: BPP on 21 May, 2014, 10:45:08 AM

For all art-droid fans Prophet 44 this week is a treat - all Dave Taylor art

Getting this digital next month, although it looks so beautiful I might just pick-up a paper copy too.

The Adventurer

Digital Comic Pulls for 05/21/14

2000 AD 1882 - Indigo Prime is as bonkers as you'd expect. Colony is kind of familiar, but I'm liking it a lot.
EAST OF WEST 12 - So much intrigue.
INVINCIBLE 111 - Violence!
JUDGE DREDD MEGAZINE 348 - The Man from the Ministry sounds really cool.
PROPHET 44 - Dave Taylor?! Yes please!
SAGA 19 - Time jump time.
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 260 - Action! Adventure! Way Past Cool!
WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP 25 - See below.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Hawkmumbler

So I've decided to jump onto Sandman Overture. Already got issues 1 and 2, when can 3 be expected?

Mardroid

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 23 May, 2014, 12:37:33 PM
So I've decided to jump onto Sandman Overture. Already got issues 1 and 2, when can 3 be expected?

According to my comic book guy.... that is indeed the question. Akin to "how long is a piece of string?" I think. So far it's okay though isn't it?

Max Headroom

Vertigo's website says that 'Sandman Overture 3' is due for release on 30th July.

Hawkmumbler

So it's a quartely title? Can't rush those pages I guess. Bloody amazing.

Link Prime

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 23 May, 2014, 09:45:43 PM
So it's a quartely title? Can't rush those pages I guess. Bloody amazing.

I think it was originally intended as a monthly.
As a comics fan, I'm delighted that Williams III is taking his sweet time on those luscious visuals instead of churning it out.
No doubt those who wait til 2015 for the collected edition will be rewarded for their patience.
Me, I don't mind the between-issue wait. The inexorable comic pile will never reach the bottom.

I, Cosh

Remembering the wait for issues of The Kindly Ones was my main reason for deciding to pass on flop0y Overtures.
We never really die.