Main Menu

New Comic Book Day Megathread

Started by The Adventurer, 08 March, 2012, 09:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

I found My Love Story remarkably amusing. Nut gut bustingly funny, but certainly inoffencive. By that it depicts the groper as a piece of shit. He'd be a main hero in Nisekoi.

I'll pop it at the bottom of series to investigate when i'm next in Waterstones.

IronGraham

Also Stealth Symphony was really dark felt if they had time this gradual change would of worked.
We're werewolves not swearwolves

Hawkmumbler

25/06/2014

The Goon: One For the Road (one-shot): Love me some Goon. Probably, but don't take my word for it, a good chance for certain members to give it a try.

Godzilla Rulers of Earth #13: Year two of this extended mini begins. Still insanely good fun.

Mars Attacks First Born #2: More Sam Kieth goodness. Really enjoyed the first issue.

Saga #20: Any week with Saga in it is a great week.

Trees #2: Enjoyed the first issue but uncertain as to where exactly it's heading...

Weekly Shonen Jump #30: Why have I let One-Punch Man ruin my expectations. How can anything have the level of artistry this series recieves?

IronGraham

Am really looking forward to the Goon one-shot been a big fan since chinatown and Goon year

Hawkmumbler

OK, I set myself a target to read a month of HunterXHunter before I decided is it'll join Naruto and Nisekoi as skim reads. I've been incredibly surprised by just how great it has been. It deffinetly feels mid story arc, or at least the results of the previous one had serious reprocusions.

The art and tone are very, very distinct, swaying from whimsey to spine chillingly grotesque (Plants that eat giant monsters, People returning from an indescribably hell as little more than plants themselves). I'm very much pleased by what i've read so far and look forward to future instalments.

The Adventurer

I've been enjoying Hunter X Hunter myself, even if some of the character stuff is a bit obtuse.

I can't help but feel it and Toriko are covering a bit of the same ground though.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Hawkmumbler

I never got the feeling that The Gourmet World or the Dark Continent where supposed to be compared. One is a budding resource for nutrition and one is a budding resource for, yeah, I see what you mean actually.
In the same way Joey is kinda Beyond Netero. Harumph.
Still really digging the art though, and more bizarre worlds is no bad thing. Just wish some of the characters where more fleshed out at this point.

And, and yeah, Graham, i'm really looking forward to the new Goon issue. Even if it's just a one off the episodic nature of the series hardly makes a difference anyway. Sadly this is inly the third Goon comic in 9 months, #44 and Goon/Criminal Macabre being the others. All VERY good stuff but sadly it's coming out at the speed of snail shit.

Hawkmumbler

Has this week been so zarjaz that everyones lists have imploded?

Anyway, only two this week.

Mars Attacks First Born #3- Annoys me when IDW's schedules are really off balance. Waited a month and a half between issues 1 and 2 then only a week for issue 3. What?!

Weekly Shone Jump #31- Everything is back this week. Save for One-Punch Man I assume. Though having Toriko and World Trigger alongside Blue Exorcist (I assume it's this issue, it has been 2 months since the last instalment...) kinda makes up for it. Thats one of the reasons WSJ is so great, your never entirely certain whats gonna be on the line up this week.

The Adventurer

I've been a bit busy with moving houses so last week I didn't have much to say. But last weeks pulls were...

Digital Pulls for 06/25/14

2000 AD 1887
THE FUSE 5
INVINCIBLE 112
MEGA MAN 38
SAGA 20
TREES 2
WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP 32

I don't have anything cleaver to say, except...

FUCK KIRKMAN!

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

IronGraham

Link Prime

My apologies for forgetting this most anal of threads...

Last Week:
Batman 32 (Only one more to go after this until the end of zero year thrill).
X-Force 6 (Really digging what Spurrier's doing with Cable, though I'm sure it will be hated by some).
Saga 20 (Still a good read, though I will admit my enthusiasm is slightly curbed).

This Week (Today):
Deadpool Vs X-Force 1 (Don't let the fact its written by everyone's favorite Judge Dredd scribe put you off- Swierczynski actually has a pretty good handle on these characters).
Miracleman 8 (Still all new for me, and really enjoying it).

Next Week:
Royals: Masters of War 6 (The finale of this superior mini. Comics done right. Just right).
X-Force 7 (I'm sure Marvel would ship these every day if they could. Sigh).
Spread 1 (Gonna try this tasty looking book, art by our very own Kyle Strahm).

Phew.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Link Prime on 02 July, 2014, 01:19:40 PM
My apologies for forgetting this most anal of threads...

Is this one of the most anal threads... dammit its one of my favourites. I need to think about this... for a long time... and at great depth...

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 02 July, 2014, 06:08:50 PM

Is this one of the most anal threads...

Any update on the Man-Cave there Colin?

Colin YNWA

There is but unfortunately it involves the addition of an enormous children's paddling pool and my daughters new bed awaiting assembly... its become storage. I've been glaring at my wife a lot...

Hawkmumbler

They DARE desicrate the holy temple of Colin? Burn the heretics!

Two editions to my pull list this week I forgot about or otherwise didn't expect.

Doctor Who Magazine #470: A Vastra and co. story this time. Presumably to fill the transitional period between Doctors 11 and 12, but I enjoy a good Whoniverse Victorian London romp so i'm game.

Big Trouble in Little China #2: Still barmy and fun. Does feel more like a Goon comic at times but as The Goon was partially inspired by BTILC it's fair.