Main Menu

New Comic Book Day Megathread

Started by The Adventurer, 08 March, 2012, 09:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 09 November, 2014, 11:21:07 AMOut of interest what comic readers do people recommend?
For iPad, ComicRack is the best I've found. Pretty sure it's available on android and you probably don't even have to pay for it!
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Yeah checked the Viz app as well. Curious both are in the Google Play store but when I try to download them (well before I can even try) get a message telling me not available on my device. Still never had won't miss it (was looking forward to checking it out mind)

I've got Comixlogy already when I go for some monthlies I'll try ComicRack for the Meg as the one I'm trying Challenger Viewer was a little muh.

The Adventurer

I'm also on iPad and use Chunky for my CBR reading. No idea if its on Google Play. Probably not.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Colin YNWA

HA! Well Comixology saw me coming this weekend. Just went in as a result of this conversation and guess what they have a GMozz Vertigo Sale on. 70 69p comics later and I guess I've well and truly started my digital comics collection.... well when I get around to reading them...

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 09 November, 2014, 12:05:40 PM
HA! Well Comixology saw me coming this weekend. Just went in as a result of this conversation and guess what they have a GMozz Vertigo Sale on. 70 69p comics later and I guess I've well and truly started my digital comics collection.... well when I get around to reading them...
Blimey! WHat did you get? Just out of interest you understand...
We never really die.

Link Prime

That Morrison Vertigo sale shifted a few quid from my wallet too.
To my ever lovin' shame, I'd never read Kill Your Boyfriend - to be remedied this evening.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Cosh on 09 November, 2014, 12:28:05 PM

Well the bulk was replacing his Doom Patrol which I sold in my wilderness years and never replaced though always meant to. That aside never read Filth nor Joe the Barbarian nor picked up the trade of Flex M I always intended to.

All rectified now at 69p a pop. Deal!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 09 November, 2014, 01:07:44 PM
Quote from: The Cosh on 09 November, 2014, 12:28:05 PM
Well the bulk was replacing his Doom Patrol which I sold in my wilderness years and never replaced though always meant to. That aside never read Filth nor Joe the Barbarian nor picked up the trade of Flex M I always intended to.

All rectified now at 69p a pop. Deal!
Good stuff. The fairly frequent sales always seem tempting, especially when priced in Monopoly money. Fifty dollars for every issue of Hellboy? That must be a bargain!

Quote from: Link Prime on 09 November, 2014, 12:56:51 PM
To my ever lovin' shame, I'd never read Kill Your Boyfriend - to be remedied this evening.
Might be my absolute favourite Morrison comic. Think I'll have a digital copy too...
We never really die.

PreacherCain

Quote from: The Cosh on 09 November, 2014, 11:28:16 AM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 09 November, 2014, 11:21:07 AMOut of interest what comic readers do people recommend?
For iPad, ComicRack is the best I've found. Pretty sure it's available on android and you probably don't even have to pay for it!

I use ComicRack on my Samsung Nexus 10 tablet and it's well worth paying for the full version. Great app, far better than Comixology in my opinion

The Adventurer

Well, keep in mind ComiXology isn't meant for reading CBRs. Its just a platform to read comic bought via ComiXology.

That said, any comics I buy on ComiXology that are DRM-Free. I read in Chunky.

Fontwell Magma

I'm an Android user and use 'Perfect Viewer' for all my CBR, CBZ etc. It's never given me a problem - great customisable interface and nice display of your "comics" on a digital shelf for browsing.

Never had any reason to change.. in fact I find myself reading a lot more digitally and am pondering with the idea of going fully digital... But what will I put on my real shelves then?!

Hawkmumbler

Big Trouble in Little China #6: Continuing to enjoy this tale. Jack can't get a break can he?

Wilds End #3: Jumped on this as well. Very enjoyable yarn and a nice, original mash up between two classic tales.

Grendel vs. The Shadow #3: Was Grendel inspired at all by Diabolik and other European crime comics? It oozes Eisner Spirit as well.

Grindhouse: Drive In Bleed Out #1: I nabbed the collected edition of the first season and I think that second issue was just a dud. It's rather enjoyable stuff from De Kampi.

Army of Darkness 1992  (one-shot): I liked Manna's art in Crossed, even if I disliked the series over all, and seeing as Evil Dead is being revived as a TV series, i'm in the mood for something groovy.

Django Zorro #1: Ehhehehehehe? Tarantino in a comic. I'll take that.

Copperhead #3: I know it's asy to compare the series to Lawless in the meg, but I find Bronson to be a more like able character than Lawson.

Weekly Shonen Jump #50: Naruto ends with a colour chapter and some questionable gender politics. I won't miss it, but I do respect Kishimoto for being able to write a story for 17 years on end.

The Adventurer

QuoteWeekly Shonen Jump #50: Naruto ends with a colour chapter and some questionable gender politics. I won't miss it, but I do respect Kishimoto for being able to write a story for 17 years on end.

Let me tell you a story about a man named Erik Larsen....

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: The Adventurer on 11 November, 2014, 12:24:44 PM
QuoteWeekly Shonen Jump #50: Naruto ends with a colour chapter and some questionable gender politics. I won't miss it, but I do respect Kishimoto for being able to write a story for 17 years on end.

Let me tell you a story about a man named Erik Larsen....
Now I never said the comic had to be good now did I? But I do hope he gets to continue Mario. I enjoyed that one-shot.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 11 November, 2014, 10:30:04 AM
Django Zorro #1: Ehhehehehehe? Tarantino in a comic. I'll take that.

For one delicious moment I read that as Django Zoon and my heart missed a beat. 'Christ!' I thought. 'He actually got it published!'

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php?topic=23629.0
@jamesfeistdraws